150 gallon tank suggestions for 2022

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can vouch for SCA as well, as they are only about an hour from me. I had their 150 and it was flawless and functioned perfectly. I have their 180 that I built a custom stand for and using a Trigger sump. Great setup and no complaints. If they had a 7 ft 210 I would of done that.

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Prostar Aquarium with a Steel Stand back in July 2021, couldn't be happier, price was great shipping was perfect.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Prostar Aquarium... I hadn’t heard of them. I just read a review that says about their 90-gallon, “the backside of the tank is only half covered (the right side).” What does that mean?

bpbonds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re: Prostar Aquarium... I hadn’t heard of them. I just read a review that says about their 90-gallon, “the backside of the tank is only half covered (the right side).” What does that mean?
Not sure I have the Peninsula model 200, they have several models available they are made by ProClear.

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks so much for the mention @JumboShrimp. Can't wait to see water in both of those. Thanks again. Really proud of the team!
Hi there. Nice to see you are on the forum. I was looking at your website today. And I will definitely get a quote from you in a couple months when I’m ready to pull the trigger on this.

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vpierce3 looking for a tank can be fun and challenging at the same time. have patiences, learn and get what fits your needs the best. really should be a fun experience.

Below is a list of Aquarium manufactures (no certain order). You have many options to explore. I am sure I may have missed a few. Totally not intentional.

1. Coast 2 Coast
2. Reef Savvy
3. Miracles Aquariums
4. Titan
5. Concept Aquariums
6. Crystal Dynamics
7. Planet Aquariums
8. Advanced Acrylics
9. Midwest Custom Aquarium
10. Fish Tanks Direct
11. Custom Aquariums
12. Acrylic Tank Manufacturing
13. Tank Me USA
14. Crystal Reef Aquatics
15. Aqueon
16. Glass Cages
17. SCA
18. Acrylic Glass Exhibits
19. GEO
20. Elos
21. Exotic Aquariums
22. Waterbox
23. Cade
24. Innovative Marine
25. Reef Octopus
26. Zero Edge
27. Redsea
28. Sheman Tanks
29. ELOS
30. New Level Tanks
31. The Aquarium King
32. Fish Traps
33. Splash Box Creations
34. Aquarium Marketing
35. FIJI Cube

The best choice is your choice.

We are honored that to be considered and mentioned above and we are here to help you even if you decide to go with another builder. Growing and educating within this hobby is our mission.

Make it fun!
Joe
Wow….thank you!!!

paulgriffin971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I bought the Red Sea Reefers becuase they can be broken down and moved around easily if need to change tiles, paint, wiring, or flooring etc.. They also came as pre-built standard "packages" so it was a cost decision to help save $ later on equipment and the innards. Having a common/mass produced and proven system helps with commonly available parts too--think Ford 150 vs. Bulgarian Lada 3-door coupe with a turbocharger made in Zimbabwe. Parts won't exactly be at your local Autozone. Longer warranty than custom built was another win/win. Most of us upgrade after a few years anyway, so the tank itself is considered a consumable object.

I started with 110 gallon Oceanic back in the day. Think it was like 1994. It was 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide. Had to make a homemade stand, cover, and sump for it too. Plumbing came from a place called Payless Cashways. NOBODY makes tanks like that battle ready beast anymore. 1" glass all the way around, with metal to brace it all. Pretty sure that's where the term "steel euro-bracing" came from!

I have 3 Red Sea Reefers going (170, 250, 625) and love the customer support, quality, and streamlined look of them. I plan on them lasting at least 10 years before I down or re-size. Don't like the glass sumps or the ATO systems, but still worth the price. A custom made one? Well what kind of glass, glue, plumbing, engineering, warranty, parts availability, all that other stuff.....it might change your mind :)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. Nice to see you are on the forum. I was looking at your website today. And I will definitely get a quote from you in a couple months when I’m ready to pull the trigger on this.
hi @vpierce3 appreciate that. you have to find the right fit. we may not be the right fit. its a journey. or think of it as a marathon and not a sprint. take your time, learn and grow, it will be come clearer as time passes. Thanks again.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back