150G cube dry scape

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36"x36"x26" on the way and I'm just trying to get some ideas for my rockwork. The marco rock is pretty boring but I'm trying to imagine what it will look like covered in coralline and
corals. Let me know what you think so far. The cardboard is the size of the tank
IMG_1419.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm liking the look, you give depth and height with a nice arch.

If any suggestions I would say find a way to make a cave with the rocks on the left for some 3d depth into those rocks.

But really good job!

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure the spigot will add much to the tank but other than that I think it looks good! ;)

OP
OP
Dorado

Dorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick side question, is gorilla glue or anything else you'd pick up from home depot safe for gluing rocks or is it better to use these "reef glues"?

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water weld is a safe epoxy you can use. It'll make the skimmer overflow for awhile. Love the scape but you may want to lighten up on the base rock as mentioned. I did a lot of base in my cube and it killed the flow. I ended up have to remove some pieces and prop up others on rock "legs". Also when I did mine I made the scape 4 connected pieces instead of one large fused one in case I had to lift it out for any reason. With some of my Marco rock I chipped holes into it and made the football shapes into more jagged shapes to add detail and hiding spots, coral mounting spot etc.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back