160 Gallon Water Storage - Freight Cost to NJ

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fellow Reefers..

I am looking for some water tank. I founds some great deals online with ones even on sale for $200. Anyways, when calculating the shipping cost I was getting quotes for $250-$300 (links below). Can anyone suggested a company or way to get this to central NJ at lower shipping cost?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really isn't a cheap way to ship something like that.

I work with a wide variety of different shippers, and while you can find cheaper options to ship, there isn't a cheap way to do it.

The problem is, it's too bulky to ship with regular freight, but compared to similarly sized items, it's not terrifically heavy. So you end up having to use LTL shipping, but your shipment isn't dense enough to take advantage of the less expensive shipping classes. In addition, tanks are fragile, so you'll get hit with a fragile goods fee as well. Finally, you probably don't have a loading dock at your house, so you'll get hit with a liftgate charge.

In terms of shippers to use, you have a few choices. FedEx Freight and UPS Freight are some of the easier ones, but they can be pretty spendy. XPO Logistics is pretty good, as is Estes, Old Dominion and RL Carriers. But no matter what, you're going to be in the hundreds of dollars to ship that.

If you have a truck or other vehicle that can transport that tank, you can probably save some money by having it shipped to the terminal and will-calling it. If not, you can rent a truck and pick it up at the terminal, and that might come out cheaper than the lift gate charge.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your feedback.. I definitely can't afford one of these thing if freight is that high. On sunday I ordered a 55"X31"X18 fiberglass tank from Pentair and they did free shipping, which was a surprise as they delivered it in 3 days. Pentair has below 165 gallon tank for significantly more at $371. They do Free shipping so aslong as there is no up charge I think I can work with the price. Not sure if these are food grade either

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back