• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

18" Captive Bred Epaulette shark, Black Hallers Stingray

Acroporakiller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So a little while back I had a shark and stingray pond pop up local to me. Having always had the dream to try them, and the finances to support it I pulled the trigger. Unfortunately I live in an apartment so i had to rent a unit to keep the pond in. I found a unit that was "temperature controlled" and had power and was willing to allow me to put the pond inside. Unfortunately i quickly learned the electrical system sucks, and everytime the heater would kick on it would pop the breaker for the unit, and water temps would be in the low 60s in the morning. So now the pond is currently taking up my living room while I find a new plan. Unfortunately I think that means rehoming these guys and getting back into it when i have a house and a garage.

The shark is a male, and he is awesome. Hes about 2 years old, and has lived in an 8'x5' pond his whole life. He eats frozen like a pig, and is all around healthy and happy. Im asking $1150 shipped on this guy. (Would prefer local pickup, but willing to ship after planning around weather)
20201021_235533.jpg

The hallers ray is a wild caught so exact age is unknown. He eats frozen like a pig, and is always wanting to be social. The grey ray is already sold. Asking $275 shipped on this guy.
20201021_235555.jpg

OP
OP
A

Acroporakiller

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While i was doing a fairly large water change and cleanup of the pond today I grabbed this video while i was feeding em since the level was low enough to actually get a nice clear video. As you can see by the algae, the water level is normally much higher, but ive only got it about 16" deep when full to normal depth. I do 50% water changes using diluted water (1.022 from 1.026) from my reef to do it.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Argg!! I wish I had a tank, like 300g! I really like epaulette sharks, one of my favorite sharks (after pyjama and thresher), I really wanna set up a 300g when I'm older with eppie shark and tangs! Or maybe I could just setup a saltwater pond lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back