• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

180 (6x2x2) MODE with grey powder coated steel stand $800 or trade for high end acros ($1000 trade value) P/U only

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm breaking down my 180g and want to gauge interest in the setup, if none then I got some hoarding to clear out in my garage, hahhaha.

System is under 2 years old. Delivered 12/2018 was wet about 1/1/2019.

Starphire standard dimension 180 gallon display built by MODE aquariums. My memory is crap but I'm 95% sure the eurobracing is 3"x 3/4" thick. The bottom is 3/4" and the rest is 1/2". Front and sides starphire glass. External 2400 GPS modular marine overflow. 3 x 1.5" drains.

Stand steel powder coated light grey. It is 39" tall with 6 adjustable feet. I framed it out right side electrical compartment left side dosing compartment but those can easily be removed and a large sump ran. All doors are removable and have 6 counter sunk high strength/ coated magnets. It's a very firm pull to remove. I consider child safe. My 6 year old cant get it open. I'm lazy butt so the doors only got primed with Killz. Still needs a top coat. I did add a step on the inside so doors stay level with one another. Topped with marine grade 3/4" plywood painted black. I used contact cement and adhered the supplied mode tank pad so it doesnt move around.

*stand needs to be recoated. Has some slight surface rust.
Sump is no name and has some hazing. Included with plumbing/fittings but treating this as a freebie.

I'll scrape all coraline before I drain it, aside from the overflow. There are a few light scratches that are hardly noticeable when filled.

$800 but save me the bs offers I'll store it for emergencies before I go too low.
I paid $2500 for the tank and stand. Thats not overflow plumbing, fittings ect.

HIGH end acros also talk but trades will need to be valued closer to the 1k mark *
180g .jpg
180g side.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very nice !!!
We both know " THIS WILL SELL !! "

MrKlumZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
If you click his name it saids Garden Grove, CA. So SoCal, Orange County/Los Angeles area. Do you have a photo of the stand? What’s included? Just tank and stand?

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be helpful if you list location. Cali is big.
Whoops, 92845 Garden Grove
If you click his name it saids Garden Grove, CA. So SoCal, Orange County/Los Angeles area. Do you have a photo of the stand? What’s included? Just tank and stand?
The sump and plumbing come with it, external overflow all that. I'll get some updated pictures of the stand with all the doors off and the area that has some surface rust.
Just found your build thread back in Oct 2018. Awesome looking setup.
dang, that's a sweet deal!!!
Thanks! Its a great tank.

I had the stand built at 39-40" tall (depending on leveling feet) so the overall height is right around 64" to top of glass. I'm 6' and didn't want to have to bend over much to view it. The height didn't work for the current buyer, I'll be breaking down this Saturday if anyone is interested shoot me a DM.

I've scraped the back panel clean, I'll get some updated pictures shortly.

Thanks & Happy Reefin!

Matt

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%

Back