180 Gallon Acrylic Fowlr

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 Gallon Acrylic peninsula or wall divider tank that that I made into a normal stand tank. It originally came with two holes drilled at the bottom for a closed loop system but I covered them up not realizing what they were for.

Currently I have a 1100 gph submersible pump for a return pump from my sump and a Koralia 4 for additional movement in the tank.

The sump design is pretty basic. It's a 40 gallon that I built breaks and dividers for an equipment area and a refugium area. I have an in-tank skimmer and reactors for phosphate and carbon. To keep the sump from flooding I installed a siphon break.

For the live rock build I used fiberglass rods and made two pillars and two arches. After the pics were taken I used Coraline epoxy to cover the rods.

Here are some pics:

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

YouTube - 180 Gallon Acrylic Saltwater Aquarium

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have made the switch to LED's in a big way but I did something different than most LED users usually do, I kept my LED fixtures 10 inches above the water line unlike the 4-6inches everyone normally sees. I have not had one coral die due to melting or burning but I have had totally difference response. My corals have gotten bigger and brighter. We shall see if this positive response continues with more corals. Oh and BTW there was not a light acclimation period when I switched the lights. These LED's are on the same timer that I had programmed for my Metal Halides.
Here are more recent pictures I have taken.

IMG_3478-1.jpg

IMG_3480-1.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3483-1.jpg

IMG_3484-1.jpg

IMG_3485-1.jpg

IMG_3487-1.jpg

IMG_3488-1.jpg

IMG_3489-1.jpg

IMG_3490-1.jpg

IMG_3491-1.jpg

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank.....please keep the thread updated I would like to follow along.

Mike

No problem, as I add coral and fish I will keep updates. I have decided to add softies since they like a higher bio load and most fish usually leave them alone.

OP
OP
D

danielbui23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally finished the sumps for this thing. They were built from Regal Plastics in Oklahoma City. Now all I need are two big balls of chaeto macro algae and caulerpa macro algae.
Here are some pics;
IMG_3626.jpg

IMG_3627.jpg

This is one of my favorite purchases. It's a BRS dual media reactor. Specifically for GFO and carbon. The next three shots show the reactor then in the next pic I have the maxi jet pump installed in my return pump chamber. Basically after the water has been filtered it will then run through reactor for less build up and and better contact with the media.
IMG_3630.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

I then have the output tube ran back to the skimmer area to give the treated water a good skim.
IMG_3632.jpg

Here are my new refugium LED lights. They are low to no heat and hopefully will do the job.
IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back