180 gallon setup being broke down for sale :(

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So due to an unplanned for change in life (i.e. divorce.. don't worry, I'll definitely be better off in the long run), I've had to break down my 180 and sell it all off. I've already moved all the livestock, all that's left is hardware. I've almost got the tank cleaned out, just sand left now and the sump has been drained but I have not had time to clean everything up yet, there's so much other things going on right now. You can see the tank and stand in my build thread. Ideally I'd sell all this stuff local to avoid shipping charges (for sure the tank, stand and sump of course) so I wanted to gauge some interest here before posting the items in the main forum or anything else.
Off the top of my head this is what will be available, once I get items cleaned up I'll get pics posted.
180 gallon glass tank - 6x2x2 some slight scratches but barely visible, back glass is painted black. Have glass lids and screen tops (guy on R2R made them)
Standard stand - painted with an ocean type green on the outside (thanks soon to be ex). The inside has multiple coats of Killz mildew resistant base with multiple coats of white appliance epoxy over that.
EShopps RS-200 sump
Neptune Apex EL with wifi - has EnergyBar 832, also has salinity, pH and temp probes, I've kept them in a container of water since draining the tank
AquaUV 40 watt UV sterilizer - current bulb has less than 3 months use
Uniclife DEP-4000 controllable DC submersible pump - up to 1,052 GPH according to specs, was using it for UV sterilizer
Biopellet reactor - will have to look to see the brand, size, etc. Pretty standard one that sits outside the sump and has a maxijet in the sump pumping water to it
Also like a Reef Octopus reactor that the guy i got everything from had turned into an algae scrubber. I never hooked it up and the lights he had on the outside had quit working
Jebao DC return pump - will have to look to see what model it is
Coral box QP-16 wave maker
Coral box QP - 9 wave maker
2 coral box Reverse Nano 9 or whatever they were wave makers
Also have 2 35 gallon water storage tanks that I was using, one only ever had RO/DI, the other had saltwater in it.

Again you can see pics of most of this stuff in my build thread and there's probably more I'm not thinking of now. Once i get them cleaned I'll post pics. If anyone knows something they want to make an offer on right off the bat just say so.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jaxteller007 I am interested for sure. Once you get pics and prices, pop them in the MRTC trading and selling forum, so the rules are followed.

Also, as stated before, I hope all works out. When the time comes to set back up, I will hook you up with frags and such.

OP
OP
jaxteller007

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jaxteller007 I am interested for sure. Once you get pics and prices, pop them in the MRTC trading and selling forum, so the rules are followed.

Also, as stated before, I hope all works out. When the time comes to set back up, I will hook you up with frags and such.

I can probably actually get some pics in the next day or two, items might not be completely cleaned up (especially the tank itself) but they would at least do to show the items.
Pricing is going to be fun as I had never thought about selling any of this and this happened so last minute. Probably just going to be open to offers for most of the stuff. If it's too low an offer then I'll just make a counter lol.

Thanks for the offer on when I set back up. I'm definitely going to set up another tank. If I have to rent a place for a little while before buying a house then I may just do a small AIO type set up with corals and small fish. Don't want to set up a big tank again till I own a house to put it in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back