180 gallon tank upstairs

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am getting a 150 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump from someone tomorrow. My house is a new build(moved in about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a tank this large over there basement? I have a 75 gallon but am nervous about the 150 gallon tank. Floor joist are 16” O.C. Where I want to put it is about 4 feet away from the steel support beam for the house. The room beneath it is finish.
thank you for any advice
Ryan

OP
OP
S

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also believe it’s a load bearing wall since normally the outside of the house except we add the sunroom when we planned the house

OP
OP
S

stinkydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also believe it’s a load bearing wall since normally the outside of the house except we add the sunroom when we planned

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a small single story ranch with a full basement. For years I had two 180 gallon tanks in the living room and one 150 gallon in the dining room at the same time. I just made a wooden beam that spanned across 3 floor joists and installed a pole jack under it. I did this in 2 locations. One tank was directly above the center support beam so I didn't see any need to reinforce that area. Tanks all remained level. 20220901_063035.jpg

sailfish13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am getting a 150 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump from someone tomorrow. My house is a new build(moved in about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a tank this large over there basement? I have a 75 gallon but am nervous about the 150 gallon tank. Floor joist are 16” O.C. Where I want to put it is about 4 feet away from the steel support beam for the house. The room beneath it is finish.
thank you for any advice
Ryan
With salt the water is 8.8 pounds a gallon plus the equipmen, rock, etc. as a realtor I see so many homes with sloping decking or un-level flooding on the second floor. i would think of reinforcing the floor unless it’s concrete

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back