19± year old 200 gallon acrylic tank, remaining life?

OP
OP
Wyvern

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it looking like hell? After having yours for so long do you recommended them?

I was thinking about ordering a tank from them soon
Crazing is getting worse, bowing is getting worse, top is beginning to distort, and the frame was never finished.

It's an old tank, and I bought it in poor shape.

AFAIK, Tenecor went out of business for a number of years until they just suddenly came back, most likely as a totally new company.

They are probably fine, but I know they go a little thin on material like Clear for Life.

j000

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Crazing is getting worse, bowing is getting worse, top is beginning to distort, and the frame was never finished.

It's an old tank, and I bought it in poor shape.

AFAIK, Tenecor went out of business for a number of years until they just suddenly came back, most likely as a totally new company.

They are probably fine, but I know they go a little thin on material like Clear for Life.
Yeah I did notice they do go thin which is the only concerning thing for me. I don’t want to upgrade tanks for a long time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wyvern

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20231226_212724279.jpg
Just got everybody moved in, slight bac. bloom that happened a day before move in, but it will stabilize (been cycling for 1.5 months). Moved over my huge Ruby red Xenia colonies my patch of zoa's and my little GSP, algea almost picked clean as of today thanks to the Foxface.

I overpaid for the tank, but now that it is together, I'm happy.

OP
OP
Wyvern

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20231023_181147761.jpg

This is the plumbing during the vinegar cleaning and testing. It was quite a challenge, even with spa-flex. 1" all around, 40g glass sump with 3, 4" socks, 2 buckets for the ATO, I got a mondo 2700Gph pump set at 40% but even at full tilt this plumbing can handle it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back