190 Gallon Reef Tank Stocking List

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Spot Jawfish is a cooler water fish. It will have a reduced lifespan and be in poor overall health in a fully tropical tank. Pick a tropical species of Jawfish like a Pearly (Yellowhead) or another that’s not the Blue Spot.

x1 Yellow Watchman Goby + x1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp- Great.

x1 Diamond Watchman Goby- Do not add before tank’s 6-8 months old, 1 year even better.

x1 Green Mandarin Dragonet- I think you told me you’ll be able to provide for its diet, so good.

x1 Lawnmower Blenny- Make sure you have enough algae to support it or make sure it’s eating captive fare at the LFS. Some are never trained onto prepared foods. If you like the look and can find one, maybe a Starry Blenny, Molly Miller Blenny would do better. At least that’s what I’ve heard. Or a blenny from the genus Ecsenius (Bicolor, Tailspot etc.) if you want a bottom dwelling blenny.

x1 Royal Gramma- Great.

x2 Firefish (Paired)- Great.

x2 Orchid Dottybacks (Paired)- Great.

x2 Bangaii Cardinals (Paired)- Great.

x2 Ocellaris Clownfish (Paired)- Great.

x1 Coral Beauty Angelfish- Great.

x1 Spotbreast Angelfish- Great.

x1 Yellow Tang- Great.

x1 Regal Blue Tang- Yes but keep in mind they get to a foot long and are more prone to diseases like ich compared to some other Tangs such as the Zebrasoma Tangs. How long’s your tank? What are its dimensions?

x1 Six Line Wrasse- Maybe in a larger tank it will diffuse its aggressive tendencies but check to make sure with more experienced members here. Be aware there’s still a chance they’ll eat shrimp and snails.

x6 Blue-Green Chromis- Great. I hope they all make it.

x6 Azure Damselfish- They’re really nice but I’m not sure if they’ll eventually pair up. @DeniseAndy keeps 8 of them in her 210 gallon. If you have enough rock for each one to claim a territory I guess it’ll work fine.

Inverts list looks OK, if nitrates and phosphates get high, add more snails as necessary.

Good luck with your tank!

OP
OP
ndkoers

ndkoers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Spot Jawfish is a cooler water fish. It will have a reduced lifespan and be in poor overall health in a fully tropical tank. Pick a tropical species of Jawfish like a Pearly (Yellowhead) or another that’s not the Blue Spot.

x1 Yellow Watchman Goby + x1 Tiger Pistol Shrimp- Great.

x1 Diamond Watchman Goby- Do not add before tank’s 6-8 months old, 1 year even better.

x1 Green Mandarin Dragonet- I think you told me you’ll be able to provide for its diet, so good.

x1 Lawnmower Blenny- Make sure you have enough algae to support it or make sure it’s eating captive fare at the LFS. Some are never trained onto prepared foods. If you like the look and can find one, maybe a Starry Blenny, Molly Miller Blenny would do better. At least that’s what I’ve heard. Or a blenny from the genus Ecsenius (Bicolor, Tailspot etc.) if you want a bottom dwelling blenny.

x1 Royal Gramma- Great.

x2 Firefish (Paired)- Great.

x2 Orchid Dottybacks (Paired)- Great.

x2 Bangaii Cardinals (Paired)- Great.

x2 Ocellaris Clownfish (Paired)- Great.

x1 Coral Beauty Angelfish- Great.

x1 Spotbreast Angelfish- Great.

x1 Yellow Tang- Great.

x1 Regal Blue Tang- Yes but keep in mind they get to a foot long and are more prone to diseases like ich compared to some other Tangs such as the Zebrasoma Tangs. How long’s your tank? What are its dimensions?

x1 Six Line Wrasse- Maybe in a larger tank it will diffuse its aggressive tendencies but check to make sure with more experienced members here. Be aware there’s still a chance they’ll eat shrimp and snails.

x6 Blue-Green Chromis- Great. I hope they all make it.

x6 Azure Damselfish- They’re really nice but I’m not sure if they’ll eventually pair up. @DeniseAndy keeps 8 of them in her 210 gallon. If you have enough rock for each one to claim a territory I guess it’ll work fine.

Inverts list looks OK, if nitrates and phosphates get high, add more snails as necessary.

Good luck with your tank!
Ok think i have a list now. Did change out the blue spot jawfish for a yellow head as was between the two anyways and have changed the lawnmower blenny for a starry blenny. Have taken the Royal Blue tang off the list for now as it was a long shot being that my tank is a 6x2x2.
Also yes will be testing the water regularly for the fish year and will.make adjustments to the CUC as it is needed. I do pla on running carbon alongside cheato in my sump so that should help with nitrates and phosphates plus having the refugium will hopefully allow me to get a good copepod colony going.

FISH

• Sixstripe Wrasse x1

• Black & White Ocellaris x2 (Paired)

• Green Chromis x6

• Azure Damsel x6

• Yellow Tang x1

• Yellow Watchman Goby x1

• Diamond Watchman Goby x1

• Green Mandarin x1

• Starry Blenny x1

• Royal Gramma x1

• Firefish x2 (Paired)

• Yellowhead Jawfish x1

• Coral Beauty Angelfish x1

• Spotbreast Angelfish x1

• Banggai Cardinal x2 (Paired)

• Orchid Dottyback x2 (Paired)

CUC

• Dwarf Blue Leg Crab x3

• Emerald Crab x2

• Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab x3

• Astraea Turbo Snail x3

• Banded Trochus Snail x3

• Nassarius Snail x3

• Tiger Snapping Shrimp x1

• Scarlet Shunk Cleaner Shrimp x2

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang this looks great! Wish I had the space for a tank your size! In place of the Blue Hippo Tang you could try a smaller Acanthurus Tang, a Bristletooth Tang (Yellow Eye Kole, White Tail, Tomini, Squaretail), or something like a Yellow Pyramid Butterfly, or a Foxface of some kind.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sixline will prevent the inclusion of any wrasse in the future, and it may go after (and kill) the mandarin.

OP
OP
ndkoers

ndkoers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sixline will prevent the inclusion of any wrasse in the future, and it may go after (and kill) the mandarin.
Yes but as you advised against a harem and having read your post I felt the six line woild be a good addition for pest control and I am not worried about adding more wrasses as was only looking at them if I could do multiple.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back