OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T minus 30 minutes till I increase the bio load!

upload_2018-2-28_14-43-56.png

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KJ Why yes sir! I have ordered them in the past and they do an amazing job. Definitely my go to. i believe they are in Jefferson if I remember correctly... I used to live in Brentwood and always wanted to go check out there place. I had a snafu with UPS today calling them to say my address wasnt valid and i didnt live there... very weird situation but Corey called me and gave me a heads up so i could get it sorted out with UPS. Needless to say I have a couple little tykes from a great vendor and will have them in the tank shortly!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KJ Why yes sir! I have ordered them in the past and they do an amazing job. Definitely my go to. i believe they are in Jefferson if I remember correctly... I used to live in Brentwood and always wanted to go check out there place. I had a snafu with UPS today calling them to say my address wasnt valid and i didnt live there... very weird situation but Corey called me and gave me a heads up so i could get it sorted out with UPS. Needless to say I have a couple little tykes from a great vendor and will have them in the tank shortly!
My local LFS 30 min away:)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too! I was looking every where to find a build with the Hydras on it but it doesnt seem many go for the deluxe version of the red sea. I am hoping I have enough PAR to really make this thing pop!

You have enough. I do not have a Redsea but I do have the Hydra 26 HD's on my 72 build. More reading but my build link is in my signature.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the addiction. I must say, you are off to a great re-entry...the tank looks terrific and yes, that is one good looking clown. Looking forward to watching this one develop.

Last edited:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great scape and clown! Looks like you are off to a fantastic start.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have enough. I do not have a Redsea but I do have the Hydra 26 HD's on my 72 build. More reading but my build link is in my signature.
@jsker Did you put two on there or three? Im already considering a third but im not sure its necessary...

Last edited:
OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the addiction. I must say, you are off to a great re-entry...the tank looks terrific and yes, that is one good looking clown. Looking forward to watching this one develop.
@dbl Thank you so much! I just started following your build and I have to say you have a beautiful tank! I noticed you just moved to T5... Did you switch from LED?

Last edited:
OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great scape and clown! Looks like you are off to a fantastic start.
Thanks @melypr1985 I have checked out your build a couple times now and that is a big tank! pretty envious off your tank room. I am trying to figure out how I can make the basement work for me... Planning on setting up a QT tank. are you a cowboys fan by chance? I fell in love with Texas and Americas team when I lived in Dallas for a few years.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker Did you put two on there or three? Im already considering a third but im not sure its necessary...
Two that is all I need. The 26 's have a good size spread. I actually had to turn them down for the reason I was burn up my corals on top.

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to distract from your thread, but yes I did switch from LED's.
No distraction at all! I was searching on this specific topic as to why not many use the deluxe version of the red sea line... at least i couldnt find any on the 425xl. May I ask what LEDs you had and why you decided to go t5? I know t5 is a tried and true lighting source but I didnt want to hang it (only way I would do it)

OP
OP
1Blazer

1Blazer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two that is all I need. The 26 's have a good size spread. I actually had to turn them down for the reason I was burn up my corals on top.
@jsker They seem to put out some good power... I am currently running the saxby setting. Im going to stick with two for now and see if I need a third

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker They seem to put out some good power... I am currently running the saxby setting. Im going to stick with two for now and see if I need a third
I run my own;) let me know if you would like a link for download.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s a sharp tank and I echo the sentiments that your aquascaping is phenomenal!

Back