1in RFG Nozzle for Sea Swirls and Threaded Bulkheads!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new 1in Random Flow Generator™ Nozzle with the 1in modal hose fitting and NPT part is now available. it's perfect for your 1in Sea Swirl or threaded 1in bulkheads.

RFGS100LLG_2271.jpg RFGS100LLG_2279.jpg RFGS100LLG_2286.jpg RFGS100LLG_2290.jpg
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ator-with-1in-modular-hose-fitting-rfgs100ll/

The RFG is a game changer when it comes to generating flow in your reef aquarium. Drop an RFG on your return line or closed loop system and watch as it transforms the laminar flow to a more natural randomized motion - with no moving parts!

Visit your Local Fish Store and ask for the Random Flow Generator
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/where-to-buy/

medic17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new 1in Random Flow Generator[emoji769] Nozzle with the 1in modal hose fitting and NPT part is now available. it's perfect for your 1in Sea Swirl or threaded 1in bulkheads.

RFGS100LLG_2271.jpg RFGS100LLG_2279.jpg RFGS100LLG_2286.jpg RFGS100LLG_2290.jpg
https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ator-with-1in-modular-hose-fitting-rfgs100ll/

The RFG is a game changer when it comes to generating flow in your reef aquarium. Drop an RFG on your return line or closed loop system and watch as it transforms the laminar flow to a more natural randomized motion - with no moving parts!

Visit your Local Fish Store and ask for the Random Flow Generator

I have the 3/4 RFG and absolutely love the results that it gives with water movement. I have my DC pumped turned down to almost the lowest setting and along with my 2 wave makers the RFG is a must have.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How shallow can you run this nozzle without spraying water?
It will depend on the distance form the edge of your tank and tip of the nozzle - if you have at least 10-12 in s you should be fine.

With that said, it's more about the depth since if it's too close to the surface, the RFG nozzle can draw in air at the educators. Our test have shown that for around 700-750 GPH (per nozzle) you'll need the educators on the back of the nozzle to be a minim of 1in from the waters surface. You can get close with lower GPH.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these available in 3/4" also? I have two 3/4" SeaSwirls and I was just thinking a few days ago if these RFG nozzles would work with them.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these available in 3/4" also? I have two 3/4" SeaSwirls and I was just thinking a few days ago if these RFG nozzles would work with them.
yes they are - BRS offers the 3/4in RFGs as well, as do many of our other resellers

the only difference in terms of ordering them is you'll need to pair them with a standard Loc-Line 3/4in NPT threaded part, since the 3/4in RFG Nozzles does not come with it.

The 1in RFGS comes with the NPT part since it's a unique fitting that's pretty hard to find.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Received mine today :) Hope to have them installed this weekend to test while I wait for a 2nd return pump. Plan is to then have them running independently powered Sea Swirls rather than a single Cor 15 driving both. Gives me better flow and a backup :)

Edit: Meant to also say packaged very well and arrived ahead of time / shipping estimate.

20190329_091156.jpg

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received mine today :) Hope to have them installed this weekend to test while I wait for a 2nd return pump. Plan is to then have them running independently powered Sea Swirls rather than a single Cor 15 driving both. Gives me better flow and a backup :)

Edit: Meant to also say packaged very well and arrived ahead of time / shipping estimate.

20190329_091156.jpg
Awesome - when you get ready to assemble them the easiest way is to set the MPT fitting connector-side up on a table and then press-fit the nozzle onto the fitting. Then thread thet whole assembly into the Sea Swirl.
Can't wait to see it running in your tank. :)

U

User1

View Badges
Awesome - when you get ready to assemble them the easiest way is to set the MPT fitting connector-side up on a table and then press-fit the nozzle onto the fitting. Then thread thet whole assembly into the Sea Swirl.
Can't wait to see it running in your tank. :)

That was a good tip, thank you. I have them both hooked up and they are running fine. I will say though that while I love the Cor 15 for a return pump it is not enough to drive a pair of these on 1" Sea Swirls. It is that or that my tank being 30" tall isn't helping any.

Side note - are we able to, or would you be willing to, sell the threaded adapter separately? I may try and cut the threaded end by 6 to 10 threads and see if I can shorten it up a bit. I knew it was going to extend out but am thinking I may try to remove some threads and make the elbow and adapter flush. If I mess up it would be nice to be able to pick another up :) If not I'll figure something out.

I do like it though - they are nice. Well constructed. Sturdy. Just need another pump then I think it will be better :)

Edit: Just looked at the image above and your elbow and threaded unit are flush. Maybe I need to remove the elbow and use a wrench rather than hand tight to get it closer.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a good tip, thank you. I have them both hooked up and they are running fine. I will say though that while I love the Cor 15 for a return pump it is not enough to drive a pair of these on 1" Sea Swirls. It is that or that my tank being 30" tall isn't helping any.

Side note - are we able to, or would you be willing to, sell the threaded adapter separately? I may try and cut the threaded end by 6 to 10 threads and see if I can shorten it up a bit. I knew it was going to extend out but am thinking I may try to remove some threads and make the elbow and adapter flush. If I mess up it would be nice to be able to pick another up :) If not I'll figure something out.

I do like it though - they are nice. Well constructed. Sturdy. Just need another pump then I think it will be better :)

Edit: Just looked at the image above and your elbow and threaded unit are flush. Maybe I need to remove the elbow and use a wrench rather than hand tight to get it closer.

Sure - we can sell you a few of the 1in modualr hose adapters. We dont have them listed separately on the site, simply because they will not work directly with any other fittings.
Shoot me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

U

User1

View Badges
Sure - we can sell you a few of the 1in modualr hose adapters. We dont have them listed separately on the site, simply because they will not work directly with any other fittings.
Shoot me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.

Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM if I mess something up and need some. You answered the main question of "could I" :) Thanks.

My plan is to take offline a Gyre - XF250. I think this will do the trick once I get another return pump which isn't a bad idea anyway for a spare if something happens. Thank you again. Appreciate the tips and product. It is solid.

Back