OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were delivered around 4:30 ish, packages are visible on ring doorbell camera. Then 6:34 car passed by saw the packages he made a u turn parked in front of neighbor house opened his trunk walked to my door, and picked packages up, closed trunk jumped in passenger side door and gone. Smh

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The u turn didn’t trip up my neighbors camera that points directly to the cars license plate. It’s not a ring system, I’m sure ring would’ve picked up the motion. My other neighbor doesn’t have camera set up.

so no license plates captured on video

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were delivered around 4:30 ish, packages are visible on ring doorbell camera. Then 6:34 car passed by saw the packages he made a u turn parked in front of neighbor house opened his trunk walked to my door, and picked packages up, closed trunk jumped in passenger side door and gone. Smh
wow, I am so sorry and it makes me mad...I feel bad for you...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have packages delivered to my house, I always use a rental mail box place like mail box etc, or ups store or some commercial mail box place that signs for your stuff and you them pick it up.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after sending fairfax county pd all info, i realized it was about 1800 bucks worth. I was trying to get picked for brs black friday give aways and ordered evrything on cyber monday live on youtube.

this hobby isn't cheap and now out almost 2k, worst part is that equipment will prob never be used and possibly thrown away.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have packages delivered to my house, I always use a rental mail box place like mail box etc, or ups store or some commercial mail box place that signs for your stuff and you them pick it up.
Never had an issue with stolen package, but I've learned my lesson.

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show every police officer that footage you can. (they have normally dealt with each offender before and one of them will likely recognise them.) And release the footage to TV stations as well.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m worried about introducing pest, I currently have dry Marco rock and dry aragonite special grade. I was looking into dr Tim’s but 1000 gallons will be around 400 bucks to seed tank.

When we were putting Marco Rock in our 470 I used a few 50 gallon barrels from the home brew store and nuked them with acid... Looked like breaking bad in our back yard.

After rinsed with RO water and dry in the sun.

Then let sit and cure for weeks before putting in the tank.

I didn't have any algae or pest issues for years, but then as the bioload increased (read tangs / triggers) I started to get some popping up here and there.

marcoRocksAcidFoam.jpg

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to run that same ozone generator over time it creates like an oily residue that comes from the output. i made an oil catch can same as like on a car that would catch it. just a heads up. i had an issue where my skimmer was always over flowing and just not running right and that was what i found the oily residue was getting into the skimmer.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used to run that same ozone generator over time it creates like an oily residue that comes from the output. i made an oil catch can same as like on a car that would catch it. just a heads up. i had an issue where my skimmer was always over flowing and just not running right and that was what i found the oily residue was getting into the skimmer.
Thanks for the info, I will be on the lookout for that discharge.

dstockwell

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we were putting Marco Rock in our 470 I used a few 50 gallon barrels from the home brew store and nuked them with acid... Looked like breaking bad in our back yard.

After rinsed with RO water and dry in the sun.

Then let sit and cure for weeks before putting in the tank.

I didn't have any algae or pest issues for years, but then as the bioload increased (read tangs / triggers) I started to get some popping up here and there.

marcoRocksAcidFoam.jpg
Looks like mash fermenting :astonished-face:

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great job, exciting times for you
Thanks, it’s been quite a journey. Seeing it all come together has been very exciting lately. I ordered 20 blue green chromis from the lfs, hopefully next month they will be swimming in the reef after they pass through quarantine process.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it’s been quite a journey. Seeing it all come together has been very exciting lately. I ordered 20 blue green chromis from the lfs, hopefully next month they will be swimming in the reef after they pass through quarantine process.
watch out for those chromis in qt. i had 7 of them in my 40 gallon coral qt and like clockwork lost 1 every 2 days and now left with 2. they where well fed so until i did my research came to find out they are very aggressive to their own kind. now i have only 2 in my 400 gallon healthy as can be. looking back i wish i had separated them soon after the first one died.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back