1K Reef.... Miracles custom 1000 gallon aquarium 120”x60”x30”

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a technical question, the uv/ozone aqua ultraviolet calls for a Venturi ozone unit. Does this mean I need a separate ozone unit and separate air dryer? Also would I need an air pump?
Is that in reference to the skimmer design that they recommend? Perhaps they are just wanting you to make sure the venturi type protein skimmer is used. Without a venturi skimmer it would require an air pump to push air through the ozone generator. The venturi will create suction to draw air through the ozone generator.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked up the combo UV/oZone unit online and it's unclear from the website if this is a UV Unit that you can inject ozone into, if it comes with the ozonizer to inject the ozone, or what. I couldn't find an installation manual for any of the models on their website. Curious what the install manual it came with shows.

Dave B

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked up the combo UV/oZone unit online and it's unclear from the website if this is a UV Unit that you can inject ozone into, if it comes with the ozonizer to inject the ozone, or what. I couldn't find an installation manual for any of the models on their website. Curious what the install manual it came with shows.

Dave B

Dave B
I called Aqua Ultraviolet this morning and was told I will need a separate ozone generator, mazzei Venturi, and air dryer is optional, but recommended.

Thankfully, I purchased an IQ-40 air dryer from Ozotech and a Poseidon 200 from Brs on cyber Monday.

Now, I have another question. If my uv/ozone unit has a Venturi blasting tons of air in unit. Will the final uv/ozone filtered water have micro bubbles in it? If so I wouldn’t be able to plumb the uv/ozone unit directly to return line from sump. It would need to pass through some baffles to minimize micro bubbles.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have microbubbles, because you aren't pulling the air through the venturi and using a pump with a needlewheel (the needle wheel slices and dices the bubbles into microbubbles).

However, there will be ozone bubbles in the return line from the UV and these could affect the pleasantness of the clarity of your water depending on where they are returned. While the ozone may get beaten up in the plumbing and broken down so it's not O3 any more you still end up with all the O's (bubbles).

I would have the Ozone / UV return to a filter cup. The filter cup can be filled with rubble rock, sand, carbon. Your just looking for something to pour the ozone thru to break up and residual ozone. You aren't using carbon as carbon, you are using it as merely a porous surface (you won't need to ever change it).

Running through a good filter cup into the sump should get rid of your bubbles and save you from 'having' to return before the baffles. If you can easily return to the area before the baffles - still go thru a filter cup and then drain to the pre-baffle area.

Dave B

PS - Ozotech was the way to go.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have microbubbles, because you aren't pulling the air through the venturi and using a pump with a needlewheel (the needle wheel slices and dices the bubbles into microbubbles).

However, there will be ozone bubbles in the return line from the UV and these could affect the pleasantness of the clarity of your water depending on where they are returned. While the ozone may get beaten up in the plumbing and broken down so it's not O3 any more you still end up with all the O's (bubbles).

I would have the Ozone / UV return to a filter cup. The filter cup can be filled with rubble rock, sand, carbon. Your just looking for something to pour the ozone thru to break up and residual ozone. You aren't using carbon as carbon, you are using it as merely a porous surface (you won't need to ever change it).

Running through a good filter cup into the sump should get rid of your bubbles and save you from 'having' to return before the baffles. If you can easily return to the area before the baffles - still go thru a filter cup and then drain to the pre-baffle area.

Dave B

PS - Ozotech was the way to go.
When you say filter cup, do you have any suggestions?

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m extremely excited about putting all this high end reef gear to work, and finally having a set up where I spared no expense hahahah. This reef is gonna be gorgeous and with very healthy, happy animals.

1669829236102.gif

Problem now is I think I have reef fatigue, I’m procrastinating setting everything up. SMH! Reef fatigue is real lol!

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a classic video I just acquired, my brs order stolen. SMH

and of course it was the ozo tech dryer and generator , co bottle, and Alita air pump. SMH! I’m soo ticked off.

Attachments

• IMG_1672.MOV
    20.8 MB
  • IMG_1673.MOV
    20.1 MB

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this. People are shameless. I hope they open them and realize they aren’t Something easy to sell. Then I hope they get arrested and you recover your goods.
shameless. It’s disgusting.

corey

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see this. People are shameless. I hope they open them and realize they aren’t Something easy to sell. Then I hope they get arrested and you recover your goods.
shameless. It’s disgusting.

corey
Yeah hopefully I get it back, but doubt it.
Not something they would be able to quickly flip.

I wonder if I would be able to get the serial number on the units stolen and once they go up for sale, catch the criminals selling it online. Well if anyone sees ozo tech generator and air dryer go up for sale really cheap, 100 percent it’s mines lol smh. Terrible!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That totally is bad karma for them who stole your stuff. What comes around goes around. They will get theirs....Love the tank build so far....

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hopefully I get it back, but doubt it.
Not something they would be able to quickly flip.

I wonder if I would be able to get the serial number on the units stolen and once they go up for sale, catch the criminals selling it online. Well if anyone sees ozo tech generator and air dryer go up for sale really cheap, 100 percent it’s mines lol smh. Terrible!
I would check like facebook market place or offer up. I caught someone who broke into a neighbors house that was being remodeled and got new appliances. Someone broke in stole the stuff and I found it on market place. We called cops and they got busted...

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check like facebook market place or offer up. I caught someone who broke into a neighbors house that was being remodeled and got new appliances. Someone broke in stole the stuff and I found it on market place. We called cops and they got busted...
That’s a great idea, I will be trolling all the spots.

OP
OP
748S911

748S911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing research, I’ve never had a packages lifted of this value, looking into UPS policies and it said that they aren’t responsible for theft after delivery. My home owners insurance policy has a 1000 dollar deductible. So I would have to pay my deductible to recover 1800… would make it a 3k+ loss and have the risk my rates go up by making that claim.
I just check brs and the air dryer is outta stock now smh! Lol wow!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was doing research, I’ve never had a packages lifted of this value, looking into UPS policies and it said that they aren’t responsible for theft after delivery. My home owners insurance policy has a 1000 dollar deductible. So I would have to pay my deductible to recover 1800… would make it a 3k+ loss and have the risk my rates go up by making that claim.
I just check brs and the air dryer is outta stock now smh! Lol wow!
are you sure the packages were delivered and left at your door. Or ok , I am gonna just think out loud and say, are you sure the ups guy delivered them and left them or did he just fake the delivery. Take a pic and then take the stuff. Do you have ring door bell or camera's? or your neighbors have camera's?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back