1st attempt

Nitrogen_Man81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a rough idea for my new reef. Going in a 75g. Feels like I need a little more height, but I like it so far. About 40lbs here.

IMG_20201026_180356151.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good start! I'd say your about 1/2 way there. Remember the rule of thirds and depth. Looks pretty symmetrical now. Research some ideas here...

As well,

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree...off to a good start. You might need to add some additional rock. If you are sticking with the amount you have, I would remove rock from one of the two islands, and add it to the other. That way you don't have two, symmetrical small islands but rather one larger and one smaller.

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, symmetry is the enemy in Aquascaping;)
Also please consider a small island, if you are keeping to that amout of rock take a piece and make a small island perhaps for Zoa's or another type of coral you want to keep in check. So you will have 3 islands I nice number in landscaping as well as Aquascaping perhaps the small island in the foreground. I would head for one island with.... (the tallest one) for instance a coral on top, the center of mass of the coral could be one third along and two thirds the hight if the tank. You need to think of the visual mass of the corals and perhaps have some sort of sketch plan now for your future corals.
Just did a very rough sketch of the principal and principals can be ignored of course;)

Sketch.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitrogen_Man81

Nitrogen_Man81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree...off to a good start. You might need to add some additional rock. If you are sticking with the amount you have, I would remove rock from one of the two islands, and add it to the other. That way you don't have two, symmetrical small islands but rather one larger and one smaller.
I'm considering busting it up and doing NSA. Haven't decided.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back