1st reef tank, needs to be done cheap (I keep freshwater planted ecosystem aquariums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t find a pic rn but my friend who had the sea apple has a big cuttlefish display refugium with softies and I’m trying to replicate it.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That video you just shared looks similar to that video i shared begginning this thread where guy used to go to the coast and pick his own sea weeds / macro algae etc.he picked blennies/ crabs/ shrimps/ snails also and all free of charges ovbiously every country laws/ rules different so would have to check of its legal. And them tanks with all the macro algaes and sea weeds do look kind of cool

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even imagine having the gall to come home from school and asking my parents for $500 to do a fish tank using what I learned playing around on my phone at study hall. I had to maintain honor role to get pokemon cards occasionally. I guess that's why I've been price shopping vipers instead of prepping hamburgers though.

Good call.

I’m sure getting a lecture from someone who’s bragging about how well off they are now as a result of walking to school uphill both ways in 3 foot deep snow will really leave an impression.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to do more research on natural habitats and mimic a natural habitat as closely as possible

You may find the aeration of a skimmer allows that better than without one. :)

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call.

I’m sure getting a lecture from a member who’s bragging about how well off they are now as a result of walking to school uphill both ways in 3 foot deep snow will really leave an impression.
No kidding. Imagine bragging about pricing out a Viper. A gorgeous car, no doubt, but one that's 1) not that expensive, and 2) unanimously known as the worst "fast" car to own.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not really trying to do special stuff in my tank, if I can just get the results I get from my 40 gal I will be happy.

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call.

I’m sure getting a lecture from a member who’s bragging about how well off they are now as a result of walking to school uphill both ways in 3 foot deep snow will really leave an impression.
Maybe you missed the 2 budget build suggestions and aggravation directed at the guys hating on some kid for not wanting a skimmer and radions. Pretty sure I've been among the most patient and level headed amongst this veritable army of responders. No hills or snow where I come from though.

Back to the regularly scheduled chaos that is this thread.

T.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My method to get the best enjoyment out of my tanks is to give each of my tanks an identity. And I want to do that with saltwater now and I want to make a very long term ecosystem that I can take with me through my life

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From now on I’m not listening to people who want my tank to look like this with all the crazy stuff that I don’t care about. I want a realistic looking tank that’s like a tide pool with macros and softies and maybe mangroves after I learned they were a thing

Attachments

• 9CC3DA22-CC5B-47F0-AE98-FC5538A03E5A.jpeg
    9CC3DA22-CC5B-47F0-AE98-FC5538A03E5A.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 48

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From now on I’m not listening to people who want my tank to look like this with all the crazy stuff that I don’t care about. I want a realistic looking tank that’s like a tide pool with macros and softies and maybe mangroves after I learned they were a thing

Can’t wait for the build thread lol

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding. Imagine bragging about pricing out a Viper. A gorgeous car, no doubt, but one that's 1) not that expensive, and 2) unanimously known as the worst "fast" car to own.
It's a goal car from when I was this kid's age. Bring the hate lol

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank looks awesome it is almost what I want to do, basically I want like a rock ledge with softies on it then a bed of grass with rocks in the back with like clay pots and bottles as hides for the fish like the clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back