1st reef tank, needs to be done cheap (I keep freshwater planted ecosystem aquariums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah you can, I have seen tanks with fw equipment and lights grow soft coral and macros
Lemme guess? You saw that on YouTube? Goodness gracious, start listening to the facts! Those videos are typically by people who have already had plenty of experience keeping reefs the normal way!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And these rocks are 50 feet down and shipping submerged they don’t need a lot of light and they just need a strong flow (filter) and a heater
Rocks don’t need much of anything. Life on rocks does. If you want to grow specific organisms, you need to tailor care to specific organisms.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll tell you your results:
1620310200449.jpeg

Some rocks and water with no large life.
That isnt the kind of rock I’m getting, I’m getting 45 pounds of submerged rock direct from the gulf and I’m going to use the water in the buckets so they are acclimated to it

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So order the rock already and get this party started.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isnt the kind of rock I’m getting, I’m getting 45 pounds of submerged rock direct from the gulf and I’m going to use the water in the buckets so they are acclimated to it
Totally sorry. I didn’t realize you wanted a specific picture of the rocks you were getting.
You didn’t even use direct lr you dont know what all is on it
Not do you. More likely than not, you will introduce horrible pests and ruin the tank further.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally sorry. I didn’t realize you wanted a specific picture of the rocks you were getting.

Not do you. More likely than not, you will introduce horrible pests and ruin the tank further.
there isn’t horrible pests on live rock at this point. If I found a bobbit worm I would put it in a jar and keep It as a pet

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A rock 50 feet underwater has exactly what I said, a stable temperature a bit of light then a strong flow
NoahLikesFish said:
there isn’t horrible pests on live rock at this point. If I found a bobbit worm I would put it in a jar and keep It as a pet
And this right here, tells me you have absolutely no clue. You'll kill that live rock before it even cycles.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich, velvet, brook, dinos, cyano, mantis, and bobbit, whether you like them or not, can destroy everything in the tank before you know you have it. 450 dollars down the drain.
BTW most livestock will exceed the price limit you have.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich, velvet, brook, dinos, cyano, mantis, and bobbit, whether you like them or not, can destroy everything in the tank before you know you have it. 450 dollars down the drain.
BTW most livestock will exceed the price limit you have.
gulf mantis are tiny someone I was talking to had them with a gem tang and ich and stuff dosent live on live rock it lives in the water column

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back