1st reef tank, needs to be done cheap (I keep freshwater planted ecosystem aquariums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use live rock shipped to me and I will say a lot dies in the shipping process and the water is full of ammonia. I had to do a ton of 100 percent water changes to keep the hitchhikers alive.

Unless you pay for airline shipping but I believe that starts at 100 bux just for the shipping cost alone.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How will I kill the light? I’m using a strong filter a heater and I’m going to have a decent light
Depressurization alone can kill a lot of life by reaching surface.
gulf mantis are tiny someone I was talking to had them with a gem tang and ich and stuff dosent live on live rock it lives in the water column
Gulf mantis is still a murderer. Ich lives on rocks and sand, that’s how it gets into tanks, whoever told you that was wrong.

If the parasite has no host it isn’t going to be alive
Ich can live for months without a host. Others live a while too.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use live rock shipped to me and I will say a lot dies in the shipping process and the water is full of ammonia. I had to do a ton of 100 percent water changes to keep the hitchhikers alive.

Unless you pay for airline shipping but I believe that starts at 100 bux just for the shipping cost alone.
Shipping is free you just pick it up

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there isn’t horrible pests on live rock at this point. If I found a bobbit worm I would put it in a jar and keep It as a pet

gulf mantis are tiny someone I was talking to had them with a gem tang and ich and stuff dosent live on live rock it lives in the water column

If the parasite has no host it isn’t going to be alive
Again... NO CLUE! I'll just keep posting all the nonsense you keep posting and disputing it till you get it through your thick teenager head your dead wrong!

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again... NO CLUE! I'll just keep posting all the nonsense you keep posting and disputing it till you get it through your thick teenager head your dead wrong!
Dude parasites need hosts, they can live for like 2 weeks in 80 degree water, did you pay attention in biology? Gulf mantis are tiny too

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude parasites need hosts, they can live for like 2 weeks in 80 degree water, did you pay attention in biology? Gulf mantis are tiny too
Tiny mantis kill other animals. They are built for it.
Once again this isn’t freshwater. Freshwater ich is relatively harmless in that respect and is easily killed. Marine ich lives up to 90 days without a host.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen I've got 20+ years experience. Your dead wrong, period.

That sixth grade biology class you took, is the basics, not the end all be all.

A gulf mantis can kill things up to five times it's size. Care to dispute me? Cause I have scientific articles to prove I'm right. Not just my 13 year old teenager brain telling me I'm right.

MrWhippy619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen I've got 20+ years experience. Your dead wrong, period.

That sixth grade biology class you took, is the basics, not the end all be all.

A gulf mantis can kill things up to five times it's size. Care to dispute me? Cause I have scientific articles to prove I'm right. Not just my 13 year old teenager brain telling me I'm right.
Cant wait to see his reply to this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back