1st reef tank, needs to be done cheap (I keep freshwater planted ecosystem aquariums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NoahLikesFish I would take your time and do a little more research. Seems like you’re still trying to grasp the concept of corals and reefs. No reason to rush and buy a bunch of LR and corals just to watch everything die in a glass box. Sounds like you’re going to give it a go no matter what comments you get on this thread.

I would get your tank and lights set up, order some LR, order sand, and get you filtration going. Cycle your tank. Do your water changes to get the tank off to a good start then add just a few hermits and snails. Enjoy your tank with these hermits and snails for a little while. By this time you would have obtained more knowledge through your research and probably ready for GSP Or a other easy hardy coral. Slow is always better.
I've never done freshwater but I have seen a lot cleaner FW tanks. You can’t let your Reef tank get this dirty or many bad things will happen. Have fun GoodLuck !
BD

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look, I know you’re extremely enthusiastic about this. That’s exactly why I advise you take it slow. The worst thing that can happen to a new and excited reefer is for everything to go wrong.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The original question in this thread has been answered so we are choosing to close this thread. Thank you everyone for your input and we wish the OP all the best in whatever they decide with their tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back