Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure that there will continue to be a lot of ripples throughout the reefing industry for quite a while. How much impact has there been on domestic shipments?

OP
OP
Brandon Smith

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure that there will continue to be a lot of ripples throughout the reefing industry for quite a while. How much impact has there been on domestic shipments?
This week we only allowed to ship Monday through Wednesday. All of our packages arrived on time except for one, and that was delivered before 2 pm. As far as I know all of the other wholesalers are still shipping as well.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This week we only allowed to ship Monday through Wednesday. All of our packages arrived on time except for one, and that was delivered before 2 pm. As far as I know all of the other wholesalers are still shipping as well.

That is good news about the current status of domestic shipping. Hopefully your sales will stay strong throughout this uncertain time!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of it has to do with airlines shutting down international flights. They can't get live stock in. Hopefully international shipping will not be down for long.

The scarier part is what will happen to the LFS's that rely on the wholesalers to get fish and such when the wholesalers run out. :(

OP
OP
Brandon Smith

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, all the importers can no longer ship. I haven't been able to order anything in a couple weeks. This was bound to happen
Same here. I have been trying to get an order from Tonga for 3 weeks now. I finally cancelled the order so I don't have that order hanging over my head.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here. I have been trying to get an order from Tonga for 3 weeks now. I finally cancelled the order so I don't have that order hanging over my head.

It's been frustrating for sure, all of mine announced no shipments within a few days of each other. Hopefully everything can smooth back out eventually

OP
OP
Brandon Smith

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been frustrating for sure, all of mine announced no shipments within a few days of each other. Hopefully everything can smooth back out eventually
I am sure it will. Wuhan started lifting their restrictions after 2 months. Things will be rough for a little while, but I am hoping when everything starts to ship again everyone will be ready! This could give Indo some time to get everything rolling also.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I will be ready to buy once everyone is able to get shipments in.

I think if we all get a nice order ready to be placed once shipping starts up again it will really help vendors. It will also help us as customers maybe keep some of our favorite vendors from closing up permanently

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of it has to do with airlines shutting down international flights. They can't get live stock in. Hopefully international shipping will not be down for long.

The scarier part is what will happen to the LFS's that rely on the wholesalers to get fish and such when the wholesalers run out. :(
I think more the concern is the job losses and how many will get called back or will it be a wait and see how things progress over the next months or year. That will impact the LFS across the country that already run on razor thin margins and profits to lose a percentage of their customer base.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think more the concern is the job losses and how many will get called back or will it be a wait and see how things progress over the next months or year. That will impact the LFS across the country that already run on razor thin margins and profits to lose a percentage of their customer base.
I agree. My favorite LFS said they need to open up in the next nine days or they are going into the red. They are old school, only pay for things with cash, no business credit products, it’s sad to see them potentially closing up shop for good. :(

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. My favorite LFS said they need to open up in the next nine days or they are going into the red. They are old school, only pay for things with cash, no business credit products, it’s sad to see them potentially closing up shop for good. :(
Which store? I'm curious because I'm just stating my tank and would like to throw a little money their way if possible.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which store? I'm curious because I'm just stating my tank and would like to throw a little money their way if possible.
Infinite aquarium in Santa Clara. Great guys. One of the owners just lost his mom to this too. :(

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! Didn't know about this. Glad they're planning to reopen when things get back to normal.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sad it has come to this BUT I thought this would have happened sooner and now with trump administrations asking to reduce Miami flights, impact may expandon caribbean shipments.
I agree that although many have lost wages, support our LFS or we will have few resources remaining once COVID19 diminishes.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Didn't know about this. Glad they're planning to reopen when things get back to normal.

I feel very bad for all the farms that were just barely able to ship out again and now had their livelihood put on hold again. At least mine is still on the side, it's got to be awful for them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel very bad for all the farms that were just barely able to ship out again and now had their livelihood put on hold again. At least mine is still on the side, it's got to be awful for them.
For sure. Very sad indeed. A lot of people are hurting. Praying this ends soon.

Back