1x Kessil A360WE over a Red Sea Reefer 250?

Is 1x Kessil a360WE over a Red Sea Reefer 250 enough light for softies/LPS

• Total voters

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers!

What is your opinion on having 1x Kessil a360WE over a Red Sea Reefer 250 (35.5 inches long).
I know most reefers recommend 2x 360's over this particular tank, but I'am getting excellent coverage with a single 360 and no perceivable shadowing. I only have soft coral and LPS in my tank as of right now. Not planning on SPS until I have another 360 over my system.

If I notice my corals are showing signs of not receiving enough light, I do have an AI primeHD I will supplement the tank with.

I appreciate any comments!

Thanks all!

Brian G.

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Kessil mounted high enough enough (Probably need to be 12" off water I'm guessing), it will certainly light a 36" tank. The intensity should be fine for softies and some LPS. You may not perceive shadowing, but I assure you if you added another Kessil or a t5 bulb, you'd notice the difference immediately. But shadowing isn't necessarily bad unless it's preventing light getting to an area you need to receive light. If you like the way it looks, then don't worry about it. It is YOUR tank. However, if you hope to add more light loving corals or critters, you will need more units to provide enough light.

OP
OP
Brian Goldstein

Brian Goldstein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Kessil mounted high enough enough (Probably need to be 12" off water I'm guessing), it will certainly light a 36" tank. The intensity should be fine for softies and some LPS. You may not perceive shadowing, but I assure you if you added another Kessil or a t5 bulb, you'd notice the difference immediately. But shadowing isn't necessarily bad unless it's preventing light getting to an area you need to receive light. If you like the way it looks, then don't worry about it. It is YOUR tank. However, if you hope to add more light loving corals or critters, you will need more units to provide enough light.

Thanks, Daniel!

rsanga87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not two 150s? or AI primes? Or was this I own this and will make it work.

Back