(2) AI Prime HD - Lighting Over Waterbox 70.3

AppleJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having a hard time dialing in these lights over the tank. I spent months slowly ramping them down trying to get the most optimal lighting for growth/color. Then shortly after decided, I might be going too low and began ramping them back up, still with no luck.

Anyone have these lights over the Waterbox? Or anyone have 2 AI Prime over a 20" deep tank?

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two primes over a 40 breeder. Not quite 20” deep but I run them 60% blues and purples, 10% red green, 10-20% white depending on the time of day. Grows lps and softies on the bottom. So that’s a decent starting point for you

OP
OP
A

AppleJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two primes over a 40 breeder. Not quite 20” deep but I run them 60% blues and purples, 10% red green, 10-20% white depending on the time of day. Grows lps and softies on the bottom. So that’s a decent starting point for you

How many hours are they at their highest percentage?

Bosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "no luck"?

Personally I run 1 ai primehd on my waterbox 20 using saxby setting. Imo that tank 36" right? Can take all of those lights can put out.

OP
OP
A

AppleJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "no luck"?

Personally I run 1 ai primehd on my waterbox 20 using saxby setting. Imo that tank 36" right? Can take all of those lights can put out.

Ive ran T5 for years with fast growth and good colors. But now that I have switched over to all LED's and can't seem to get 1/10th of the growth I used to have. I just can't tell if I am over lighting or under lighting.

Yes 36". Did you adjust the Saxby settings at all? Or just keep them stock?

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many hours are they at their highest percentage?
I run 10am-11 ramp to max
6 hours max
2 hours at only 5% white (to see all the pretty colors)
1 hours ramp down
It’s a pretty simple schedule and easy to keep. Plus, I’m able to view all the best colors at night when I’m home

Back