2 Apex systems on 1 phone app?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

flounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 apex systems....two tanks in the house. Is it easy/possible to control BOTH from my phone/computer? I just installed the first tank (fusion) and now question about tank number 2.
Tanks,

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can add both to your phone as long as the IP address of each one is different that also goes for fusion.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452984957.980437.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452985043.220402.jpg

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@143MPCo Seems my app doesn't connect to allow me access unless I am at home on same wireless network. Any ideas?
You need to punch a hole in your fire wall who is your Internet service provider?

Basically you need to set up a rule on your firewall to allow incoming communication to the external IP and allow it to be forwarded to the internal IP of the apex... sounds a lot more complicated than it really is but if you tell me who your ISP is I can probably give you a pointer to how to set it up.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though that video is for Minecraft it will give you the basic information you need, you will also need to assign a port to be forwarded to the apex, normally it's 80 and you don't need to change it. Check out the video it should give you some pointers.

One thing to remember most ISPs lease you the IP address that you use, what that means is that from time to time they change it so when you set up the port forwarding it will work for time, could be six months to a year but eventually that IP address on the external modem/router will change and you will have to change the settings on your apex app on the phone.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even though that video is for Minecraft it will give you the basic information you need, you will also need to assign a port to be forwarded to the apex, normally it's 80 and you don't need to change it. Check out the video it should give you some pointers.

One thing to remember most ISPs lease you the IP address that you use, what that means is that from time to time they change it so when you set up the port forwarding it will work for time, could be six months to a year but eventually that IP address on the external modem/router will change and you will have to change the settings on your apex app on the phone.

SWEET! Thanks, I will give that a go and see what happens!:D

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last thing and maybe you already know this, when you set up the apex app you're going to have to give it the external IP of your router this will look different from ISP to ISP, but it won't be a 192.168.1.X address anymore.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452986395.027471.jpg

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One last thing and maybe you already know this, when you set up the apex app you're going to have to give it the external IP of your router this will look different from ISP to ISP, but it won't be a 192.168.1.X address anymore.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452986395.027471.jpg

Well is works when I am at home, and logged into the WIFI network, so I am assuming I have it set up correctly both on my phone and iPad. Obviously that doesn't do me much good when I am traveling out of town, so hopefully I can watch that video and figure it out.

gojk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have to do anything special if you use fusion. No port forwarding or anything.

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friend, you could help me know how to do to connect the phone app, I have not been able to do, no where to get the data requested by the app to login. I do not understand the instructions of Neptune.

Could you help me to give me a simple guide to how.

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi friend, you could help me know how to do to connect the phone app, I have not been able to do, no where to get the data requested by the app to login. I do not understand the instructions of Neptune.

Could you help me to give me a simple guide to how.

This is an unbelievable resource that has a sections specially on this topic! This should help.
https://forum.neptunesystems.com/

Dinukb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an an Apex Fusion set up hard wired to my Router. How can I get it up to my I phone App, which is already downloaded.

Any help would be appreciated.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back