2 blue t5's and 1 blue plus orphek led bar,is it possible?

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65gallon reef and i currently have 1 blue plus OR3 led bar and 2 t5's bulbs. 1 bulb is blue and the other is the white.About an hour ago i replaced the white t5 with another blue plus bulb and i like it vissually but will the corals be ok with so much blue light?

*Current coral stock is mainly zoas and about 10 frags of lps.I have a plan of adding 5-6 sps in 1-2 months and the rest of the tank will be lps with some zoas

OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn’t. You will most likely get better growth since the coral can really utilize that light. I have never had a problem with too much light.
maybe i didn't understand the second scale of your answer but my concern is if 2 blue bulbs and 1 blue plus or3 led bar is too much blue for corals.I was thinking they might need some other spectrum too

*** Edit i saw the second answer..... Perfect then,i think that a coral plus bulb might not get me the colors i want.I am more into color than growth

Upvote 0

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe i didn't understand the second scale of your answer but my concern is if 2 blue bulbs and 1 blue plus or3 led bar is too much blue for corals.I was thinking they might need some other spectrum too

*** Edit i saw the second answer..... Perfect then,i think that a coral plus bulb might not get me the colors i want.I am more into color than growth
Visually appealing tanks are my style too. corals always seem to do well under all blues.

Upvote 0

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65gallon reef and i currently have 1 blue plus OR3 led bar and 2 t5's bulbs. 1 bulb is blue and the other is the white.About an hour ago i replaced the white t5 with another blue plus bulb and i like it vissually but will the corals be ok with so much blue light?

*Current coral stock is mainly zoas and about 10 frags of lps.I have a plan of adding 5-6 sps in 1-2 months and the rest of the tank will be lps with some zoas
Add another orphex bar or add more t5s with different bulbs. It will be better for your corals.

Upvote 0

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI's blue plus bulbs are complete bulbs. They have everything corals need. I like to mix in a coral plus bulb to mellow out the greenish tint and to give fish their natural colors, but that isn't a great option in a 2 bulb fixture.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reef4life!!!

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI's blue plus bulbs are complete bulbs. They have everything corals need. I like to mix in a coral plus bulb to mellow out the greenish tint and to give fish their natural colors, but that isn't a great option in a 2 bulb fixture.
Yeah i know what you mean.My tank is not complete blue either...I just think that a coral plus will not give me the color i want.The T5's are mostly on the back side of the tank where the sps will be placed because of the good flow i have there so i think that a blue plus will give more color to them than a coral plus

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back