OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just add it and all is well, you don't even need to test for anything. you're intercepting the point at which the dilution would be challenged, which only had a 5% chance of happening anyway. the small degree of waste in the water will feed those bac and the cycle will work out just fine, easy. you sure can correlate fish behavior to comfort levels, we do it for every other param and it would also include the single most painful, burning parameter they could ever encounter: free ammonia. its not at harmful levels due to dilution, and that bac will catch things up just fine.
Thanks everyone for helping btw much love !

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know one detail that always challenges me regarding ammonia burn as assessed by fish behavior? consider this

when, in veterinary medicine, is a dog or a cat acting normal when kidney function is reduced/stopped

they're lethargic or deceased. not much running and fetching

its one of the most catastrophic loss sequences respiring organisms will face- ammonia burn- and reef fish are uber sensitive we all know. they'd be twisting and messing around sideways, hovering and floating if even subacute toxicity was reached. like Lasse has said about feeding breakdown, any unused feed for sure would have tested the system without that bac. now it won't.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did your jellyfish workout? you had such an amazing aquarium and now you have had to reduce it, now your left with two clownfish, I'm unsure what to say but I really hope your clownfish survive this perialous journey your going to take them on

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know one detail that always challenges me regarding ammonia burn as assessed by fish behavior? consider this

when, in veterinary medicine, is a dog or a cat acting normal when kidney function is reduced/stopped

they're lethargic or deceased. not much running and fetching

its one of the most catastrophic loss sequences respiring organisms will face- ammonia burn- and reef fish are uber sensitive we all know. they'd be twisting and messing around sideways, hovering and floating if even subacute toxicity was reached. like Lasse has said about feeding breakdown, any unused feed for sure would have tested the system without that bac. now it won't.
It’s only been 2 days but so far no twisting or anything sideways they are begging for food but I’m sure in a week the ammonia might go up if I see any distress I’ll bring them to my lfs hate to see fish die...being in the hobby now for 6 years I can almost tell when fish seem to be happy don’t wanna jinx it but so far I’m happy with this pre mixed saltwater I’ve also read people putting coral in right away??? I’m no way gonna do that lol but I found it interesting ....I’ll wait 2 months before I get easy shrooms as mushrooms seem to be able to live in a toilet bowl in my experience lol

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did your jellyfish workout? you had such an amazing aquarium and now you have had to reduce it, now your left with two clownfish, I'm unsure what to say but I really hope your clownfish survive this perialous journey your going to take them on
Sadly I didn’t do the jellyfish I found out 3 days later my gf was pregnant and was forced to move and as you know in ny houses are extremely expensive ...so sadly I had to downgrade very upset about that ....such a shame to go from a beautiful tank to a little baby and start all over again

Attachments

• 4BCA4448-7633-4653-911C-289439C9AAD7.png
    4BCA4448-7633-4653-911C-289439C9AAD7.png
    829.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 213AACE5-A706-45F6-A9F2-CE03D46E7185.png
    213AACE5-A706-45F6-A9F2-CE03D46E7185.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 16D5D56F-2A97-46FF-8DD9-137DA6E13159.png
    16D5D56F-2A97-46FF-8DD9-137DA6E13159.png
    817.4 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from that ....to this.... I’m lucky I was able to get anything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to add more dry rock should I wait to add dr tims until I get more rock or does it not matter ?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations
I plan to add more dry rock should I wait to add dr tims until I get more rock or does it not matter ?
Personally, as your/ this aquriam is new I would do everything to keep fish alive, as others have said, I would be mindfull of parimaters and obviously adding chemicals will change this drastically every day.
I'm unsure of cycling with fish/ livestock but I would acculimate slowly, slowly introduce chemicals rather than all in Dr Tim.

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations

Personally, as your/ this aquriam is new I would do everything to keep fish alive, as others have said, I would be mindfull of parimaters and obviously adding chemicals will change this drastically every day.
I'm unsure of cycling with fish/ livestock but I would acculimate slowly, slowly introduce chemicals rather than all in Dr Tim.
That’s what I was thinking also maybe I’ll hold off on the dr tims for now I guess

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I was thinking also maybe I’ll hold off on the dr tims for now I guess
Well no, you need to create a sea like conditions and from reading you have only set up aquarium with that dodgy salt, have you introduced live bacteria in anyway? Or just new water salt

mbri

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I’m gonna shake it up and put it in wish me luck y’all I actually love the color of these clowns ...the bottle says one cap per 10 gallons but then it says use the whole bottle at once ?? Lol am I reading this right? How does that make sense but they say you can’t over do it so
Tbh I used 2 bottles of Fritz in my 13.5g, granted that was for my fishless cycle though. If I were you I think I'd start with the capful/10g 1x per day since the fish are in. Though I don't think adding more than that would do much harm, just better to err on the side of caution IMO.

Btw, love your clowns too!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty for the replies I have marineland penguin 275 filter if that’ll work for now? I plan on getting tiny sump next few days appreciate the help
Hob filters are fine. The main filter for a reef tank is rock that has bacteria on it/cycle finished. The rock… once live acts just like say a sponge filter would in a freshwater tank and will house millions of bacteria.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went from that ....to this.... I’m lucky I was able to get anything

Kids… even a baby will enjoy a tank I am sure. Colorful and fish moving around.

I am 7 months pregnant so I bought a brute with wheels on it so I no longer have to carry water buckets to do a water change! I am also going to replace corals with softies as I am sure that it will get neglected to heck at times but I will still enjoy it. I know the softies don’t need to be babied.

Just got down on my hand and knees two days ago and pulled out the sump and redoing the baffles to fit a different skimmer. This belly isn’t going to stop me lol!! Just want as much done before the babe is here.

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations

Ty Rick

OP
OP
F

frizzayyyyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no, you need to create a sea like conditions and from reading you have only set up aquarium with that dodgy salt, have you introduced live bacteria in anyway? Or just new water salt
I just put in the pre mixed stuff didn’t introduce live bacteria yet as I’m kinda iffy about it and I’m some people are saying don’t others say do so I’m kinda on the fence if I should add it or not .....fed the clowns a very small feeding tonight both ate so far so good

Back