2 crabs are now 3 in a couple weeks..?

DKPminus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a had 2 porcelain crabs come in a couple weeks ago. was just watching the 2 up top by the the bigger anemone. While looking for a couple of the other anemones I noticed what is definitely another porcelain about half the size .. seems odd, is that norm.

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a had 2 porcelain crabs come in a couple weeks ago. was just watching the 2 up top by the the bigger anemone. While looking for a couple of the other anemones I noticed what is definitely another porcelain about half the size .. seems odd, is that norm.
Stupid question maybe but is the extra one possible from one of the two molting? Is that third one definitely alive and a complete specimen? Years ago I had mistaken a molt from a cleaner shrimp and thought I had two. Just a thought.

OP
OP
DKPminus

DKPminus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the third is about half the size from what a can tell, it’s sitting on an anemone tucked in a cove where i don’t think I can get to it or I would grab it

OP
OP
DKPminus

DKPminus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I guess theoretically it could have come in on the Long tentical anemone I got about the same time. Everything else I’ve gotten in is frags and sure i would have noticed.

OP
OP
DKPminus

DKPminus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya. Not sure where it came from. on a somewhat related subject. Anyone know if there would be conflict with porcelain crabs and white spotted anemone shrimp? just got notice the shrimp are in stocks.

Back