2 deaths and not sure why

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday my clown goby sadly passed away after becoming lethargic and left it in a plastic cup. After a couple hours i came back to bury him when i saw an isopod looking thing attached to his eye. Today a couple hours ago my cleaner shrimp died with no apparent reason and also has no isopods or bugs on him. My parameters. Temp: 78 alk: 7 nitrate: 20 ph: 8 i am doing a water change now to help if there is an ammonia spike

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you share some more info on your tank? how old is it, what other livestock do you have? are you dosing, etc... what's your maintenance routine / top off look like?

as forth pods, they are doing their job as part of the clean up crew. something dies, they'll eat it.

J.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you share some more info on your tank? how old is it, what other livestock do you have? are you dosing, etc... what's your maintenance routine / top off look like?

as forth pods, they are doing their job as part of the clean up crew. something dies, they'll eat it.

J.
I have a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, two banded trochus snails and a sand sifting star. No dosing because its not a reef yet. Its 3 ish months old and dont really do water changes. I replace my surface skimmer filter floss weekly. Whatever was attached to the gobies eye was about 5mm with and looked sort of like a wood louse.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns, a royal gramma, two banded trochus snails and a sand sifting star. No dosing because its not a reef yet. Its 3 ish months old and dont really do water changes. I replace my surface skimmer filter floss weekly. Whatever was attached to the gobies eye was about 5mm with and looked sort of like a wood louse.
Any recent additions? Using RoDi?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to go on here unfortunately. Keep a close eye on the rest of the inhabitants and watch for any forms of stress. Whether it's illness or aggression.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%

Back