2 fluval marine 3.0 on a flex 32.5

Floedog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Fluval marine 3.0 lights on a fluval flex 32.5. I wanted to know the best settings to maximize the healthy of my corals. Tyia!!

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea on the Fluval marine 3 light settings, but I can bump.
p.s. I guess you have the fluval flex tank?

Fishyj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 on my tank but I really could never find a sweet spot. It seems if you go to much white lights you get a lot more algae. I kept mind more bluer. Eventually I just went with 2 prime 16hd’s.

OP
OP
Floedog

Floedog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 on my tank but I really could never find a sweet spot. It seems if you go to much white lights you get a lot more algae. I kept mind more bluer. Eventually I just went with 2 prime 16hd’s.
Ai primes aren't an option (I'd do it in a second)... My wife's cat is the aquariums second biggest fan after myself... open top, he'd need a snorkle... haha

Lou48314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ai primes aren't an option (I'd do it in a second)... My wife's cat is the aquariums second biggest fan after myself... open top, he'd need a snorkle... haha
I just made a wood canopy to house my double light setup. The standard Fluval top isn't very well thought out. I have temp issues with mine and the feeding door sucks.
If you'd like to see my canopy, (it isn't fancy but it should work just fine), I'll post pics when I get home.

Scottrshoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also make DIY kits for mesh tops. Some people don't like mesh, but it prevents fish from getting out....or cats in...and does not block light, or hold heat in...more evaporation though.

KonradTO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made an acrylic+mesh top for mine. Not fancy as the stock lid but now I can use proper lights and I reach a decent pH.
The fluval flex lights are good if you want to keep softcorals only.

Deago

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Fluval marine 3.0 lights on a fluval flex 32.5. I wanted to know the best settings to maximize the healthy of my corals. Tyia!!
Did you end up upgrading the light or still using the 2 marine 3.0? Contemplating on buying another stock marine 3.0 to add or use an alternative light. Eventually I would like to grow some nice corals.

OP
OP
Floedog

Floedog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up upgrading the light or still using the 2 marine 3.0? Contemplating on buying another stock marine 3.0 to add or use an alternative light. Eventually I would like to grow some nice corals.
I did put 2, but I ended up upgrading to a larger tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back