2 New Ways To Upload Photos to Threads and Posts (3 Total)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yay! Adding photos to your threads and posts just got easier! Now we have 3 ways to upload photos.

Please see the corresponding graphic.

1. The little icon of a PHOTO used to be only used for photo links. Now you can actually upload photos through that button as well as link your photos that are hosted on other sites.

2. The little CAMERA icon is new and was added with the addition of the new Media Center. Here you can add images that you have added to Albums you create or to R2R Albums. See here for more about the Media Center.

3. The Upload Files button has been our good friend for over two years now and you can still upload photos via this method.

Untitled-2.jpg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So does this mean you can create an album in R2R to use rather than have to go to your external photos every time. (Because the old way was cumbersome). I hope so!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So does this mean you can create an album in R2R to use rather than have to go to your external photos every time. (Because the old way was cumbersome). I hope so!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Say you want to share a bunch of photos of a build thread. Upload them all into a new album in the media center then click the little camera icon and multi-select all the ones you want to add at one time. :)

I hope people realize how awesome this is! HA!

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Number three is still by far my favorite. I don't always need photos to be in a long term or permanent album. Sometimes I just want to put my picture in a post. Reef2reef is also great because you don't make outside users sign up to see the photos. Uploaded photos also don't behave like attachments where you have to click the attachment to open it. Simply upload the file, insert the thumbnails where appropriate, and you're done. It's basically like using a third-party hosting service without fussing with image tags and URLs.

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yay, great news! I hate photobucket

Me too! Testing the new way!
IMG_1917.JPG

Sweet! Looks like it works!!!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say you want to share a bunch of photos of a build thread. Upload them all into a new album in the media center then click the little camera icon and multi-select all the ones you want to add at one time. :)

I hope people realize how awesome this is! HA!
Do you still have to upload them individually?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty awesome rev! Agreed with glb, is there a way for multiple uploads? What is the max size of an album? I think it would be great if you could somehow make it unlimited, of course you may have to offer special membership pricing for something like that. I'm guessing this has crossed your mind?

I mean you have already crushed the other big site, I think this would be the lethal blow.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you still have to upload them individually?

Pretty awesome rev! Agreed with glb, is there a way for multiple uploads? What is the max size of an album? I think it would be great if you could somehow make it unlimited, of course you may have to offer special membership pricing for something like that. I'm guessing this has crossed your mind?

I mean you have already crushed the other big site, I think this would be the lethal blow.

Thank you both!

You can upload multiple images at once via the Media Center and Upload a File links. Sadly there is no way to select multiple images via a mobile device as of yet, that I know of, but I am looking in to what that would take to accomplish! Thanks!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super great addon. I'm tempted to pull all my photos from my build thread into an album. LOL

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super great addon. I'm tempted to pull all my photos from my build thread into an album. LOL

Actually I am working on an addition to this add on that will allow you to access ALL of your uploaded attachments. :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually I am working on an addition to this add on that will allow you to access ALL of your uploaded attachments. :)
Oo cool! I'll stay tuned!

dirtdobber06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially since photo bucket is now charging 30/month to get their package that allows you to link your photos (unless I misunderstand what third party hosting is).

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Especially since photo bucket is now charging 30/month to get their package that allows you to link your photos (unless I misunderstand what third party hosting is).

Yes and we only charge.....nothing! HA!

jaws789832

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I still get size is too big error messages using any of the above mentioned ways to upload photos. How do I shring them without altering the original picture?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back