2 questions. Chemi blue and nano reef 2 part kit

bgilson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two questions.

Should I use chemi blue in my tank? Fish, live rock, shrimp, corals inhabitant.

Can I mix the nano reef 2 part and trace elements together? My wife adds trace elements every friday but was looking at the nano reef 2 part kit. I dont want to put to much in the tank if it wont help.

F1E307A1-D72C-46FF-AB2D-86B248BD263F.jpeg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use chemi blue in your tank if you want. Its a mixture of carbon and gfo so it helps lower phosphates as well as eliminate any chemicals and smells in your tank.

With the coralife two part, its main purpose is to dose alkalnity, calcium, and magnesium to help maintain levels. To determine if you need to do this you need to test your tank for those three elements and go from there.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When using any products in reefing ask yourself these two questions:

1. What does the product specifically do? (bind phosphates, reduce nitrates, etc.).
2. Do I have highly elevated, or dangerously low levels that necessitate the use of a specific product(s)? (test to find out).

In a small nano aquarium, 10-20% weekly water changes are typically sufficient. This provides some nutrient export (especially when combined with some detritus removal) and adds back major and minor elements (salt water mixes are typically elevated in elements compared to natural sea water).

So for your specific questions you can see that Chemipure Blue would not be advantageous if the PO4 concentration within your aquarium was stable and within normal reef keeping range as it could drive it dangerously low over time, 'NanoReef B' trace elements would not be needed if you preform regular water changes with a good quality salt and 'NanoReef A' would only be needed if water changes didn't supply enough alkalinity, calcium and magnesium to meet the needs of your system (determined by testing).

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back