2 Radions XR15 or 2 AI Blade for a 3+ feet long 24 inch deep tank?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the AI Blade are new but what do you think would be a better lighting for my tank 1 meter long x 60 cm tall tank?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36" long and 20" deep tank, and I'm contemplating 2 Grows and a Glow for it. The strips are the best option for even coverage, and I'm pretty confident that it would be plenty of PAR based on what I've seen so far.

The only thing holding me back is that I originally planned on 3x Primes with ReefBrites, and I already have the Primes.

liddojunior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36" long and 20" deep tank, and I'm contemplating 2 Grows and a Glow for it. The strips are the best option for even coverage, and I'm pretty confident that it would be plenty of PAR based on what I've seen so far.

The only thing holding me back is that I originally planned on 3x Primes with ReefBrites, and I already have the Primes.
Why not use grow instead of the ReefBrites and use the primes. Unless you sell the primes. You can use the prime for the Glow effect?

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not use grow instead of the ReefBrites and use the primes. Unless you sell the primes. You can use the prime for the Glow effect?
I know, is not my quote but.

I currently use my G3 Radion XR15 Pro as "glow" with 1 trip of Current USA.

But now I'm planning to use some of this combinations:

- 2 or 3 AI Blade
- 1 Reefi + 1 or 2 AI Blade
- 2 Reefi

Maybe the overkill would be 2 Reefi + 2 AI Blade, but as far as I was reading somewhere, you don't need that much lights, sometimes people just overbuy lights and I don't want to overdone with lights.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Because I have a buddy who is selling me the like new ReefBrite add-on kit with the dimmer for just a bit more than a single 36" Blade Glow sells for. ;)

I use Luxdium upgraded LED pucks in my Prime HDs on 3 tanks already, so I figure I'll stick with the ReefBrite/Prime option for this one too. It just doesn't make financial sense for me to jump ship and go Blades at this point.

If I was starting from scratch on a new tank, or if I had older lighting that I wasn't super happy with, I'd probably do Blades 100% at this point.

Back