2 really nice tanks

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That one fron Hong Kong is a Nice Clean setup. I love how uncluttered the corals look in the tank as well.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second tank is Chingchai's tank and IMO is the best tank in the world. If you knew the amount of money spent on that system, Building,Equipment and Corals/Livestock you woul understand why!
Bill

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the cork screw coral saw one at live aquaria I didnt know it would grow like that

seth&angelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a huge fan of the first one. I don't like how the zeovit make sps look pastel. Great growth though.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much did he spend on that system? inquiring minds want to know!!!
In Thailand their money is worth lots less than ours and you can get someone to work cleaning that tank for 8 hrs a day for just a couple of dollars. But the equipment still cost lots of money and if i had to guess i would say in the range of several hundred thousand dollars at least.
Some of his equipment is custom made like his bubble King Skimmer that was rumored to be in the over 10,000.00 range and just to gut a building and start from scratch with electrical and plumbing just to house this tank is well beyond the means of just a few. If i had to guess i would say at least 250,000.00 invested in this venture as some of his fish and corals are one of a kinds that we only dream of having.
The best thing about this tank is the owner! He is one of a kind and well deserves everything he has achieved in building this dream system. JMHO
Bill

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the params from the zeovit forum make me feel better about my Ph. Almost identical numbers for all except OPR which I do not test.

SYSTEM PARAMETERS
Alkalinity: 7.4 kh (Salifert)
Calcium: 440ppm (Salifert)
pH: 7.8 ~ 8.1 (Aquatronica Probe)
Magnesium: 1350ppm (Salifert)
Temperature: 24 ~ 25 °C
Po4 (Phosphate): 0.00 ~ 0.03 (Hanna Photometer)
No3 (Nitrate): 0 (Salifert)
Salinity: 34.25 PSU (Aquatronica Probe)
Density: 1.0255 (Aquatronica Probe)
ORP: 455ml (Aquatronica Probe)

OP
OP
P

pelagic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone told me the one in Thailand costs more than $300,000.
FYI average people's income is about $1,000 USD/ Month in Bangkok.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone told me the one in Thailand costs more than $300,000.
FYI average people's income is about $1,000 USD/ Month in Bangkok.
Well i was close as to the cost! Your info on average income I'm sure is more correct as i was just going by what a friend had said in the money difference. Either way that tank and the owner is awesome and IMO the best tank there is!
Bill

GR808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i was close as to the cost! Your info on average income I'm sure is more correct as i was just going by what a friend had said in the money difference. Either way that tank and the owner is awesome and IMO the best tank there is!
Bill

I would have to agree that Chingchai's tank is probably the best tank that I have seen. I would love to see the equipment and all the stats to his system. That is a job well done and a serious love of the hobby.

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to agree that Chingchai's tank is probably the best tank that I have seen. I would love to see the equipment and all the stats to his system. That is a job well done and a serious love of the hobby.
Go Back to the first page and read the whole thread as all that info is in the thread, It's long but worth the read!
Bill

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back