2 (simple) questions...

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
1. Can a single unit be used on multiple tanks? i.e. use on one tank for a week, then move to another tank for a week.

2. Is there a way to pull the data into a stand alone system? i.e. - I want all my measurements in my own MySQL database - can I pull them via an API or direct a push / feed somewhere?

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
1. Can a single unit be used on multiple tanks? i.e. use on one tank for a week, then move to another tank for a week.

2. Is there a way to pull the data into a stand alone system? i.e. - I want all my measurements in my own MySQL database - can I pull them via an API or direct a push / feed somewhere?
I know that the answer to question 1 is yes. They have said previously that you can have data for multiple tanks stored in the cloud and then you can move the monitor from tank to tank as you wish.

[email protected]

The R2R Admin formerly known as mdbannister
View Badges
Reaction score
I know that the answer to question 1 is yes. They have said previously that you can have data for multiple tanks stored in the cloud and then you can move the monitor from tank to tank as you wish.
+1

Not sure on the 2nd question.

OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
So I posted these 2 questions here and on their FB page in hopes they would respond.

I'm really interested but it's hard to drop the $$, wait for 2 months to get it - and all that with zero feedback on support so far

@MindStream - any help on whether I can pull the data into my own system or is it only available through your web portal?

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
So I posted these 2 questions here and on their FB page in hopes they would respond.

I'm really interested but it's hard to drop the $$, wait for 2 months to get it - and all that with zero feedback on support so far

@MindStream - any help on whether I can pull the data into my own system or is it only available through your web portal?
Someone asked about downloading data earlier, and I believe they said the data were only availavle via their web app now, but that they would consider making it downloadable at some point.

Regarding responsiveness, word is that they are currently swamped with orders and running a bit behind schedule.

Last edited:

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
I would also be very interested in the answer to the second question from MindStream. With the potential of this product, it's really hard to see why you wouldn't be able to pull a simple text or pdf file from your portal. After all, you are paying for the unit and the test discs.

MindStream

Know What's In Your Water
View Badges
Reaction score

Hi lmm1967,

(1) Yes - the MindStream Monitor web app is designed to allow for the monitor to be in different bodies of water. Simply set up multiple tank profiles and associate your monitor to the tank it is in. For optimal accuracy, we recommend that you switch tanks when you receive a replacement disc.

(2) We understand why you'd like to export your data, but at this time we do not support an API or data export. We will keep it in mind as we develop the web app in the future. The MindStream web app offers powerful comparison and alert tools.

OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

I'll keep an eye on progress - the ability to house and control all of my tank data on my own system is a hard requirement for me this time.

Squidmotron

View Badges
Reaction score
As far as#2 goes, it would be super cool if in the future there was a way to pass data to aquarium controllers.

[email protected]

The R2R Admin formerly known as mdbannister
View Badges
Reaction score
As far as#2 goes, it would be super cool if in the future there was a way to pass data to aquarium controllers.
I believe that's in the works, but not sure if there's an expectation on when/if it will happen

OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
the day (ok - maybe week) that I am able to confirm the ability to extract this data into my own database is the day I will buy purchase.

This is also my biggest frustration with my Apex and the only reason I would consider changing from them.

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Reef Kinetics