2 WINNERS for our FIRST 2021 TUNZE GIVEAWAY!! Win a Tunze Turbelle Stream or a Care Magnet Strong+!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tunze 2giveaway copy.jpg

How about a fun contest from TUNZE to get your 2021 started off with new reef gear! TUNZE is teaming up with R2R to give 2 lucky winners a great prize! Our first place winner will receive a Tunze Turbelle Stream 6125 and our second place winner will receive a Tunze Care Magnet Strong+.

OFFICIAL ENTRY (must be done before any of the bonus entries will count): Let's make the official entry simple. Just start a new thread anywhere in our general forums (not marketplace forums or local forums), and post a link to it here. You can do this daily for additional bonus entries!

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

1. Make a post in this thread telling us how you'd use the Tunze 6125 if you win.
  2. Make a post in this thread telling us about how you clean your glass (what you use and how often).
  3. Update your Reef2Reef tank build thread this month. (you can update it once a week during the contest) After you update or create the tank thread post the link to your build here in this thread. If you don't have a tank thread then start a new one here: Member Tanks
  4. Share this thread (you can post a link to it) on your Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform and use these hashtags: #Reef2Reef #GIVEAWAY #TUNZE

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

First prize: A Tunze Turbelle Stream 6125 (Valued at $199.99)
Turbelle Stream 6125

For aquariums from 400 to 2,000 liters (105 to 525 USgal.).
Flow rate: approx. 12,000 l/h (3,150 USgal./h)
Energy consumption: 22 W
Voltage / frequency: 230V/50Hz (115V/60Hz)
Cable length: 2 m (78”)
Dimensions: ø90 mm (3.5”)
Output: ø63 mm (2.5”)
Magnet Holder with Silence clamp up to a glass thickness of 15 mm (2/3”).

Features:
  • Low Motor Heat
  • Energy saving
  • 3D adjustment
  • Silence clamp
  • Tunze propeller technology
Second prize: A Tunze Strong+ Care Magnet (Valued at $94.99)
Care Magnet Strong+

Care Magnet Strong+ - for 20 mm up to a glass thickness of 25 mm (¾" - 1").
Width: 86 mm (3.4"), length: 140 mm (5.5")
Including a stainless steel blade and two spare plastic blades.

Features

Care Magnet — Care for your aquarium
The Care Magnet concept was the signature innovation of 2014 in the field of window pane cleaner design, which is comprised of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic.

Why care?
This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefor even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade.
The inner magnet is more than 3 mm (.2") away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface – almost as good as a sharp metal blade. The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible.
The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.

The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.

2.jpg

Thanks to its slim design, the plants and the corals will not be disturbed.

3.jpg

The Care Magnet can also be used on round aquarium panes or round-arched panes.

4.jpg

Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.

5.jpg

It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.

6.jpg

It can also be used as a hand scraper.

7.jpg

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through February 7, 2021. The winner will be chosen by random draw and announced on February 8, 2021.

At the end of the contest we will choose three (2) winners via a random number generator. The winners' usernames will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winners other than tagging the winning names. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to Tunze USA!
1707998012983067194.gif

#r2rgiveaway

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry

Prepping my apex to go full bore into automation this year :)

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry:

I'd use the 6125 to replace a very noisy powerhead in my display tank. Been needing to replace it, but can't decide what to replace it with. This would make that decision easy :)

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus entry
I currently clean my glass with a 3D printed magnet scraper daily, and use a Kent scraper for the back glass on my display. My frag tank I just have a hand kent scraper, so would love a nice tunze scrapper to upgrade :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’d use both on a recent setup of a 135g oceanic fish only tank

Msislo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tunze 2giveaway copy.jpg

How about a fun contest from TUNZE to get your 2021 started off with new reef gear! TUNZE is teaming up with R2R to give 2 lucky winners a great prize! Our first place winner will receive a Tunze Turbelle Stream 6125 and our second place winner will receive a Tunze Care Magnet Strong+.

OFFICIAL ENTRY (must be done before any of the bonus entries will count): Let's make the official entry simple. Just start a new thread anywhere in our general forums (not marketplace forums or local forums), and post a link to it here. You can do this daily for additional bonus entries!

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

1. Make a post in this thread telling us how you'd use the Tunze 6125 if you win.
  2. Make a post in this thread telling us about how you clean your glass (what you use and how often).
  3. Update your Reef2Reef tank build thread this month. (you can update it once a week during the contest) After you update or create the tank thread post the link to your build here in this thread. If you don't have a tank thread then start a new one here: Member Tanks
  4. Share this thread (you can post a link to it) on your Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform and use these hashtags: #Reef2Reef #GIVEAWAY #TUNZE

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

Turbelle Stream 6125

Features:
  • Low Motor Heat
  • Energy saving
  • 3D adjustment
  • Silence clamp
Care Magnet Strong+

Features

The Care Magnet concept was the signature innovation of 2014 in the field of window pane cleaner design, which is comprised of an ergonomic handle and special plastic blades made of wear-resistant high performance plastic.

Why care?
This glass pane cleaner avoids scratches on internal aquarium glass panes, and can therefor even be used on acrylic glass panes with the small plastic blade.
The inner magnet is more than 3 mm (.2") away from the aquarium and thus prevents the jamming of the aquarium sand. The two plastic blades remove the algae considerably better from the glass panes than a flat cleaning surface – almost as good as a sharp metal blade. The life of a blade is from several months up to approx. one year. The low flow resistance during the cleaning with a simultaneous high magnetic coupling, makes a separation of the magnet nearly impossible.
The large blade should only be modified with the included stainless steel blade for aquarium glass panes with particularly tough algae, e.g. older deposits on the side walls or thick calcareous algae.

The patented principle, which uses plastic blades with a different length, creates a varying application pressure, enabling the narrow blade to remove even tightly attached algae. With the wide blade, it is possible to perform a large-scale algae removal.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Plastic blades with round edges enable a smooth transition to the next pane at the aquarium edges without damaging the silicone joints.

5.jpg

It doesn't distribute the algae within the aquarium as a green dust; it rather roles them up completely, and through this turns the algae film into actual food for the fish.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Entries accepted through February 7, 2021. The winner will be chosen by random draw and announced on February 8, 2021.

At the end of the contest we will choose three (2) winners via a random number generator. The winners' usernames will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winners other than tagging the winning names. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

1707998012983067194.gif

#r2rgiveaway
I would use the 6125 to replace a cheapo power head I am currently using in my display tank, I have been planning to upgrade but I cant decide and they can get expensive quick. This would make my decision very easy and would give my tank the much needed flow it deserves.

Msislo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tunze 2giveaway copy.jpg

THE PRIZE

Turbelle Stream 6125

Features:
  • Low Motor Heat
  • Energy saving
  • 3D adjustment
  • Silence clamp
Care Magnet Strong+

Features

Why care?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

1707998012983067194.gif

#r2rgiveaway
The tunze would be the perfect upgrade from my current cheapo extendable scraper. I mean it does its job but can be a hassle getting around the rock work and chains in my display tank. I usually clean my glass every other day and this would make my long tiresome struggle much easier, efficient, and save me a ton of time so I can enjoy my reef tank and mustang's more. I bet they'd love it also I wouldn't have to disturb them for as long and they would have nice clean glass to view through.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry:

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #1: I'd add the Tunze 6125 to my DT to get some additional flow and supplement what I have now - try to remove a couple low(er)-flow areas.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #2: I have a really old mag-float scraper that I use once or twice a week. I'd upgrade to the Care Magnet and move the old one down to the sump.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus #3 - Wk 1

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just setting up my new tank. I would use the 6125 to give aid flow to my corals and the magnet would be super for keeping the glass clean.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back