2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mww00ds

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of rockwork, now that it looks like I won’t have to pack up the tanks for a move in the near future, I can go ahead with a project that I’d been planning. I’ve got a bunch of frag plugs both plastic and ceramic. My plan is to glue two together from the flat sides and carefully make holes in the rocks so that they’ll fit together kind of like 3D puzzle pieces. Here’s two samples I made. And on another completely unrelated note maybe it’ll sound a bit odd but the thing I’m most looking forward to is the snails I think.
02E48237-B7FC-436B-B56B-ED4D4922A743.jpeg
Are you planning on gluing the rockwork together still or just the plugs for added support? I've had an idea close to yours, where I could run rods through my rockwork but only glue small sections together. So I could still remove parts for maintenance and what not easily

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Does anybody watch orp? What is yours at ours is 470ish

With the tmp it never went above 400 once we switched the red sea it went over it took about 6 months and now going up slowly I wonder if it will ever reach 500

Screenshot_20230325_093910_APEXFusion.jpg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on gluing the rockwork together still or just the plugs for added support? I've had an idea close to yours, where I could run rods through my rockwork but only glue small sections together. So I could still remove parts for maintenance and what not easily
I was thinking about that. Upon reflection, I’m probably just going to do the top, unstable section. Kind of make the top half modular, but still glue parts together for stability.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With the tmp it never went above 400 once we switched the red sea it went over it took about 6 months and now going up slowly I wonder if it will ever reach 500

Mine is usually around 400. If I'm not dosing FWS it will creep up to 450ish. The only difference I notice is if it gets down to high 200s things don't look as happy but that's been quite a long time since then

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sandwich combo is fine for sure with it. It's fine without it too but the putty is def much better. Looks like this sea tak product isn't working out for people..I was excited about it.
I still have Seatak stuck to my fingernails… i did do the sandwich method with it and that seemed to work but at that point epoxy is much cheaper and works the same. The Seatak is only good if permanently attaching frags to something dry or gluing dry material together but for dry application you can use 2 part epoxy and it is again much cheaper.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nope. Looks cool. I don't know much about Nyos but I keep seeing new products from them like their salt. Have they been around awhile?
Yeah they've been around for awhile, they make some decent stuff. Some of their test kits work better than others, and as billyocean said their skimmers seem are pretty good.

I've just not used any of their stuff yet, just read reviews about it.

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

That's high. Mine only go up to 340 ish

Screenshot_20230325_111225_APEXFusion.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Oxidation reduction potential..lol. some say it's worthless and doesn't mean anything. I, for one, don't understand it really. Things do however seem happier when it's 300 plus.
When I had freshwater tanks many years ago, I done a lot of research on UV and started using it. UV filters also raise ORP.

It made a huge difference in my tanks. Cleaner water, fish just seemed healthier and more active. It made me a believer honestly from my own experience. I seriously oversized the units and ran super slow flow.

Redox was discussed a lot, wether or not it was harmful for the inhabitants. I really think it makes a difference if it's too low. I just don't know how much would be too much though. Reef tanks are on a whole nother level. At the time the cost was to great for me to invest in a OPR meter.

I've considered running ozone but that's just another thing to worry about.

Maybe I'll get an Apex one day.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%

Back