2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tex11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you all run Apex systems? With this nano I didn’t want to go that big but I can see that most reefers end up going with one eventually.
I run a GHL Profilux on my tank. I've used Apex in the past and been burned by them. I decided to give GHL a shot, really is nice either way you go, to have some peace of mind.

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hop back in this thread and that newbie @billyocean "I'm no pro" will help guide you if you have questions. Or other friends in this thread.
And I’m normally a Reddit guy for advice about stuff, but once I discovered reef2reef. This is my source for information now. I can’t tell you how many hundreds of hours I’ve already put into reading here in the last few months. The information available here is amazing.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do you all run Apex systems? With this nano I didn’t want to go that big but I can see that most reefers end up going with one eventually.
Nope. I'm a 32 gallon with one Kamoer doser and Tropic Marin All For Reef. Honestly all I have to test for is Alk. I'll test the rest once a week, Alk every three days. Consumption changes only since I've been fiddling with my stocking list, otherwise it can stay dialed in for weeks at a time.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And I’m normally a Reddit guy for advice about stuff, but once I discovered reef2reef. This is my source for information now. I can’t tell you how many hundreds of hours I’ve already put into reading here in the last few months. The information available here is amazing.
It is. But to be candid, the SBB crew are the best. Everyone is helpful, but there is a mini community here.

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really try to put as little effort in on a day to day basis for stability sake and time management now I’m heavily automated on two reef tanks
This is my approach now too. My freshwater tank I tried to be more hands on and then when I got busy things went downhill fast. My reef tank is now fully automated so if I get busy things don’t go downhill.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the time and read this entire thread..thank Shane later. Highly recommended from myself and everyone else in here.

FishyJoe91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. I'm a 32 gallon with one Kamoer doser and Tropic Marin All For Reef. Honestly all I have to test for is Alk. I'll test the rest once a week, Alk every three days. Consumption changes only since I've been fiddling with my stocking list, otherwise it can stay dialed in for weeks at a time.
All for reef seems like a great product I’d like to try it soon

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I run a GHL Profilux on my tank. I've used Apex in the past and been burned by them. I decided to give GHL a shot, really is nice either way you go, to have some peace of mind.
The husband! What do your tanks look like? I saw @TheWife s intro thread, sounds like you've been doing it awhile?

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the time and read this entire thread..thank Shane later. Highly recommended from myself and everyone else in here.

Much appreciated. I will actually read it. Thank you!

FishyJoe91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you get the trident system (I know you need Apex controller as well) is the regent affordable to run?
Im currently using Hannah for NO3 and Phos ppb and then salifert for everything else.
It’s not terrible compared to other test

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed, literally a handbook for the responsible educated reefkeeper. Just skip over the parts where things don't go well, but definitely learn from them.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Banish GIF by The Traitors Australia
I originally wanted a 200+ but it wouldn't fit through the door leading to the basement. Before covid, hubby and I were planning to upgrade our 65 to a larger that's a peninsula style because we want to see from all sides from the kitchen. Its very likely won't happen now because the dimensions are very specific due we believe strongly in feng shui and cost is way up there to custom build one. Oh well, 65 is still great.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also...there isn't a rule that works the same for everyone. Every tank is different but there's a range of things to be within. I break most of the moulds in what works for me but it's still under the same range.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back