2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some cleaning and moving around today. Got a couple more glued in place
4F2DA3D0-5772-41DD-95CD-1E3C38B8EC82.jpeg

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rack em and stack em! Take care of those hammers! LOL
Hammers will no longer be in close proximity to torches lol. And for the first time in years... im busting out a frag rack until i get one more little island in place. I was thinking of going bigger rock wise but i'm leaning towards rehoming some of my bigger tangs and putting some more rays instead and i need that precious sand bed

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hammers will no longer be in close proximity to torches lol. And for the first time in years... im busting out a frag rack until i get one more little island in place. I was thinking of going bigger rock wise but i'm leaning towards rehoming some of my bigger tangs and putting some more rays instead and i need that precious sand bed
What about some of those magnetic rocks/frag holders? I can't remember who but they posted their torches in them and they look pretty awesome.

Also there is a guy on here that DIY a couple large rocks with magnets and I think they turned out really nice.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about some of those magnetic rocks/frag holders? I can't remember who but they posted their torches in them and they look pretty awesome.

Also there is a guy on here that DIY a couple large rocks with magnets and I think they turned out really nice.
I have one but part of my struggle is my glass thickness (a bit over 3/4) and my tank is so long at 10ft and i dont have good access to the back that getting them mounted is a real headache. I'm thinking about adding some more but they ain't cheap either

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have one but part of my struggle is my glass thickness (a bit over 3/4) and my tank is so long at 10ft and i dont have good access to the back that getting them mounted is a real headache. I'm thinking about adding some more but they ain't cheap either
I'll see if I can dig the thread up if nothing else for my own curiosity. That particular guy had I believe 7/8 inch thick glass, he used some big magnets. It ended up costing a bit but he said he still saved a lot over having them custom made and he loved the look of floating islands.

Atherial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody has been send tracking numbers we cant wait to see what you got.

Also we will be doing an unboxing contest for a $150 GC also dont forget if you get the speical sticker in your box you win a bonus prize
What sort of unboxing entry? My husband is going to be opening my box and I don't think I can bribe him to do a video. But a few pictures should be something he can handle or I can do pictures when I get home to dip them.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you. Do you feed your bubble tip? If so, what?
I do two things:

1. I have frozen mysis shrimp and feed them once a week.
2. I went to a grocery store, bought a bunch of cleaned and frozen shimp. I cut them up and give them pieces once a week as well.

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do two things:

1. I have frozen mysis shrimp and feed them once a week.
2. I went to a grocery store, bought a bunch of cleaned and frozen shimp. I cut them up and give them pieces once a week as well.
Thanks. Luckily, I always have raw frozen shrimp on hand and I feed all my fish NLS pellets and mysis.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What'd you figure out????
LOL. I started typing that a few days ago..completely forgot i put it there.

I think the issue is my lighting. I have a low boy lagoon tank. trying to maintain optimal lighting, I was putting too much par into the tank..especially in the lower ranges. i was cooking my blastos...and those are what made me put two and two together. I am going to pull back on my T5s and try just my LEDs.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back