2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6D38F36B-5E7B-4390-B17B-CB4D6B788C5B.jpeg

My super high tech extra expensive patent pending SPS rack. So these millis and dragons are at 350-400 PAR. Is that too much?
I am admiring this design. Nothing to scratch the glass. LOVE IT

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This AI stuff is going to get scary pretty quickly..if not already. Do people think we're just going be able to control it?..that's funny.
Yeah..it is scary. I have been working on a tax computer program for a little over a year. I asked ChatGPT to write the same program in a relatively obscure programming language. Wasnt PERFECT but dang, it made me shiver. What is even scarier is the articles about the inherent biases that are in the system as well. That type of knowledge and bias is a recipe to further the human discourse that we are facing today.

so the only real question: Will this turn out to be SkyNet or the Matrix.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I am assured by Shane that I should have won at least something, as they kept track of who got what.

I have no idea what happened to the sticker, I looked absolutely everywhere. Even checked my unboxing video clips.

Didn't see it. I'mma be mad if it's on the bottom of Ralph's shoe. (Just kidding, who could be mad at Ralph!)

20230328_102637.jpg

Everything is settling in nicely under the T5s.

Breaking down later this week and installing all my Noopsyches over the Frag Tank.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah..it is scary. I have been working on a tax computer program for a little over a year. I asked ChatGPT to write the same program in a relatively obscure programming language. Wasnt PERFECT but dang, it made me shiver. What is even scarier is the articles about the inherent biases that are in the system as well. That type of knowledge and bias is a recipe to further the human discourse that we are facing today.

More likely Hal9000. Well meaning, predictive, and preservationist personality.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep. It's already been proven to want to do nefarious things. Wait until it controls the narrative AND can create deep fakes. People as individuals are generally pretty intelligent (I know..lol) but people as masses are idiots. Once the "it's true because it said it on the internet" ideology takes a greater hold and this comes ai comes to greater fruition...we're in trouble. Unfortunately the cats already out of the bag and we're already screwed and it's only a matter of time until the right (wrong) people get their hands on it. Nothing like a little light reading in the morning eh..ha

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. It's already been proven to want to do nefarious things. Wait until it controls the narrative AND can create deep fakes. People as individuals are generally pretty intelligent (I know..lol) but people as masses are idiots. Once the "it's true because it said it on the internet" ideology takes a greater hold and this comes ai comes to greater fruition...we're in trouble. Unfortunately the cats already out of the bag and we're already screwed and it's only a matter of time until the right (wrong) people get their hands on it. Nothing like a little light reading in the morning eh..ha
I just got my hands in it's tiny tiny brain. It's nothing more than a paraphrasing google.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my hands in it's tiny tiny brain. It's nothing more than a paraphrasing google.
That may be what it is...but it doesnt mean that it can't paraphrase things in a way that causes many problems. Imagine if someone hooked this up to twitter (or whatever is the in social media) and this becomes so realistic in its responses that it actually moves society's moral and ethical needle. People ARE stupid and it doesnt take much to nudge people over the edge..especially in the world we live in that if it does not exist in the first three responses from Google it must be false or not exist.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I am trying to be political...but I asked ChatGPT to write a sonnet about the current and former president...can you guess whom is whom? Literally asked "please write me a sonnet about all of president [Last Name] great accomplishments in office"

Sonnet 1:
In days of strife and peril, he took the lead A guiding hand to steer the ship of state With empathy and honor, he did proceed To unify and heal, to make us great

A pandemic ravaged far and wide, it seemed The nation's spirit battered and forlorn But vaccines flowed and hope began to gleam And aid and comfort to those who were worn

The climate crisis, long ignored, he faced With boldness and a sense of urgency And policies he put in place with haste To safeguard future generations' destiny

Amidst it all, he strives to serve with grace And in his wake, a brighter future trace.

Sonnet 2:

Writing a sonnet that praises his accomplishments without acknowledging the other aspects of his presidency would not be an accurate representation of his time in office.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get political with it. I got scientific with it.

It failed.
sorry..i did not mean to imply you were. I was just pointing out the biased of its responses. It is definitely being geared for social engineering.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry..i did not mean to imply you were. I was just pointing out the biased of its responses. It is definitely being geared for social engineering.
Considering everything I ask it comes back to Climate Change and human carbon emissions, I'd say that's more of it's own data source bias.

A common theme in ocean acidification is man made source CO2, discounting the numerous natural and geologic sources of carbon emissions.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

I've played with Google Bard which is similar. I've asked it personal questions which it can't answer....yet....lol. I'm sure I'm on it's radar now though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back