2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home just as the light is starting to ramp down so i thought i would get to see if these SPS are getting any PE. Instead i get to see that one of my @$$hole fish decided to relocate 10 of the frags onto my torches, hammers and in select holes in rockwork making it real fun to try and retrieve. Hopefully they didnt just all get thrown to their deaths. But the ones still on the rack did have a little bit of PE!
That sucks.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh, I always thought it had it in it. The label says phosphorous at min 0.05% I think on the label. So, I just assumed it was adding a little.
It would but that would be very little.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks.
Yeah. We’ll see how they do tomorrow. It actually didnt look like the torches or hammers were actively stinging any of the frags that were laying on them. The orange blast that had three different hammers touching it actually had a little bit of polyp extension going on while being smothered by the hammers
Night At The Roxbury Dance GIF by Brian Benns

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. We’ll see how they do tomorrow. It actually didnt look like the torches or hammers were actively stinging any of the frags that were laying on them. The orange blast that had three different hammers touching it actually had a little bit of polyp extension going on while being smothered by the hammers
Night At The Roxbury Dance GIF by Brian Benns
Ralph Wiggum Danger GIF

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home just as the light is starting to ramp down so i thought i would get to see if these SPS are getting any PE. Instead i get to see that one of my @$$hole fish decided to relocate 10 of the frags onto my torches, hammers and in select holes in rockwork making it real fun to try and retrieve. Hopefully they didnt just all get thrown to their deaths. But the ones still on the rack did have a little bit of PE!
That’s does suck. This is why I mount all frags to substantially sized pieces of nano shelf rock. I hate when snails, urchins, fish or whatever move frags around.

wes84

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s does suck. This is why I mount all frags to substantially sized pieces of nano shelf rock. I hate when snails, urchins, fish or whatever move frags around.
The plan was to get them mounted to rocks this weekend. Ill have to glue several small pieces of rock together to get these SPS up in the higher PAR. I thought about supergluing them to the rack with just a dab but didnt do it

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plan was to get them mounted to rocks this weekend. Ill have to glue several small pieces of rock together to get these SPS up in the higher PAR. I thought about supergluing them to the rack with just a dab but didnt do it
Frag rack? Locking frag rack..

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man, I'm super sad! I just realized I didn't get one of the corals I won :( I just realized I only received 14 of 15 corals :( We didn't get this guy in, I'll have to message SBB

no name grab it tenuis 3.jpg

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, is anyone else crazy like me? I have yet to dip a coral from SBB... I probably acclimate totally different then everyone also, maybe not.

I throw all the bags in the tank for maybe 10-15 minutes, then I cut the bottom of the bags, empty all the water from the bags into the DT (I want what's in their water in my tank! lol) then I place the frags as I cut open the bags.

I usually watch how much the water level raises in the tank from the bags, then before I open them, I drain approximately that much water out. Then replace it with SBB's water in the bags. Like a mini WC from SBB :)

It's probably not the best practice, and you probably shouldn't try and do it either. But I haven't had any issues with it yet, and only gotten some nice isopods and amphipods as hitchhikers (that I have seen/noticed). Some occasional algae/microalgae. I never let the corals leave the water either, they never touch air, all done in the tank/underwater.

Just curious if anyone else does it like me, or does everyone else 100% dip everything?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, is anyone else crazy like me? I have yet to dip a coral from SBB... I probably acclimate totally different then everyone also, maybe not.

I throw all the bags in the tank for maybe 10-15 minutes, then I cut the bottom of the bags, empty all the water from the bags into the DT (I want what's in their water in my tank! lol) then I place the frags as I cut open the bags.

I usually watch how much the water level raises in the tank from the bags, then before I open them, I drain approximately that much water out. Then replace it with SBB's water in the bags. Like a mini WC from SBB :)

It's probably not the best practice, and you probably shouldn't try and do it either. But I haven't had any issues with it yet, and only gotten some nice isopods and amphipods as hitchhikers. Some occasional algae/microalgae. I never let the corals leave the water either, they never touch air, all done in the tank/underwater.

Just curious if anyone else does it like me, or does everyone else 100% dip everything?
Ammonia in the bags could be a little issue.

I sometimes dip, sometimes don't. Just depends on my mood at the time.

Back