2 Year Anniversary Live sale -up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a bunch of mushrooms coming Tuesday. I have a rock that I’m planning on designating to the shrooms. There are a few
“helter skelter” and “super saiyan” variants and a blue dot and a “mosaic” mushroom. Are these all rhodactis do you think and should I have a problem placing them close together? I do run carbon as well.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super uncommon. I think the general consensus is that they are harder to keep and people with the most success just blast them to death with par with metal halides. I know we've talked about it before and both @billyocean and myself have spaths successfully.
Slow growers but definately cool and unique.
20230401_075505.jpg
20230401_075440.jpg

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to see how much different lighting affects my vision. I went into an LFS today and picked out some bright red Zoas and this very orange peachy looking hammer. I get them home and they are a jungle juice zoa that I already have and the same gold hammer I already have. Lol

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par levels after adjustments. Going to get some Arc rocks so I can get some shade on the sand bed. Also be able to mount some acros in a little higher par

339249137_638605258079038_3756225313957090193_n.jpg
How much did you have to turn them up?

And it looks like it drops off pretty quick front to back an on edges if I'm seeing it rig?ht

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I edited last post to late..lol. does it drop off pretty quick front to back and left to right? And I would overdrive the blues if that's possible instead of turning up the white if it's just for par and not for looks

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How much did you have to turn them up?

And it looks like it drops off pretty quick front to back an on edges if I'm seeing it rig?ht

Yup, I have my 16HDs angled at 45* towards the center rock tree. So the torches and hammers don't have any direct light down on them. I also figured that would give the sticks more light all around instead of just from the top.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I edited last post to late..lol. does it drop off pretty quick front to back and left to right? And I would overdrive the blues if that's possible instead of turning up the white if it's just for par and not for looks

I have all the blues at 100 already and the G5's won't let me go higher like the AI's will. At least I don't think they do. I just turned the whites up 5% more. I may turn them back down; I don't think it made much of a difference.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have all the blues at 100 already and the G5's won't let me go higher like the AI's will. At least I don't think they do. I just turned the whites up 5% more. I may turn them back down; I don't think it made much of a difference.
Raising whites won't help the coral but it will help the algae..the numbers look good where they are. I like the idea of building some more rock.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Raising whites won't help the coral but it will help the algae..the numbers look good where they are. I like the idea of building some more rock.

Yeah, I want to be able to use that area directly under each G5. So I'm going to get some more Caribsea rock of some sort and put something below on each side. Maybe the round branching style, or a couple of archs from each cave to the center tree.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Got a bunch of mushrooms coming Tuesday. I have a rock that I’m planning on designating to the shrooms. There are a few
“helter skelter” and “super saiyan” variants and a blue dot and a “mosaic” mushroom. Are these all rhodactis do you think and should I have a problem placing them close together? I do run carbon as well.
Blue dot is a discosoma. They don't want to touch other mushroom like ricordea or rhodactis.

Tex11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have an Apogee MQ-500 they are willing to loan out? I've got the Apogee 420x and am curious if it is close at all to what a "full spectrum" sensor reads. I'm using the immersion setting on the software and messing with the correction calculations on their website. I'm just really curious how they compare. I've read from some they don't accurately measure that 380-420nm range, but read high in the whites, which kind of balance it out. However, with the Reefis, that is a lottttt of light potentially not being measured or over measured.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to loan out their $500 instrument to a complete stranger, let me know!

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have an Apogee MQ-500 they are willing to loan out? I've got the Apogee 420x and am curious if it is close at all to what a "full spectrum" sensor reads. I'm using the immersion setting on the software and messing with the correction calculations on their website. I'm just really curious how they compare. I've read from some they don't accurately measure that 380-420nm range, but read high in the whites, which kind of balance it out. However, with the Reefis, that is a lottttt of light potentially not being measured or over measured.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to loan out their $500 instrument to a complete stranger, let me know!
I just “rented” and returned one from BRS. Was $89 with shipping.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back