2 yelllw coris wrasse in a 90 gallon?

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LFS have 2 small (1.5") yellow coris wrasse for sale. Is it a good idea to keep 2 in a 90 gallon aquarium? The only fish I have are firefish, blue green chromis and bangai cardinal. Also have reef grade sand. I heard they need at least 3 of buying groups or can they be kept in a pair? I also heard they will fight once they get bigger? Any thoughts?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LFS have 2 small (1.5") yellow coris wrasse for sale. Is it a good idea to keep 2 in a 90 gallon aquarium? The only fish I have are firefish, blue green chromis and bangai cardinal. Also have reef grade sand. I heard they need at least 3 of buying groups or can they be kept in a pair? I also heard they will fight once they get bigger? Any thoughts?
If you want multiple of any Halichoeres, Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Nacropharyngodon, Anampses wrasse, it’s always better to keep them in a group of three or more (1 male to 2 or more females). I think it could work though because it’s not a completely stocked tank - Although, if it was my tank I would go for a yellow “Coris” wrasse and another 1 or 2 Halichoeres wrasse.

OP
OP
madlos123

madlos123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. They said they ordered 3 but 1 arrived dead. So ill probably get 3 next month after my quarantine is setup and ready. Im still in finishing 1 more month for the quarantine for blue green chromis.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back