20% discount on livestock (Corals, Fish, Invertebrates)

Shipping
YES shipping is available

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
20% discount on livestock (Corals, Fish, Invertebrates)
Visit the website and register!
The offer is valid for two weeks.
Acros Aquaculture will be on our website very soon:

REx White Sun.JPG REx Homewrecker Acro .JPG Rex Pink Floyd Acro..jpg REx Confetti Acro...JPG REx Confetti-S Acro,.JPG REx Confetti-S Acro .JPG REx Confetti Acro.JPG REx Original Homewrecker Acro .JPG

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you sell quarantined inverts, or raised in fishless systems?
*browsed through the website and didn't see any specifics so if it's there, could you point me to it?

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Do you sell quarantined inverts, or raised in fishless systems?
*browsed through the website and didn't see any specifics so if it's there, could you point me to it?
Hello!
All invertebrates are brought from the wild, but quarantined for at least a week.
There are a lot of videos of this quarantine on the site under almost every product from the live stock.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
All invertebrates are brought from the wild, but quarantined for at least a week.
There are a lot of videos of this quarantine on the site under almost every product from the live stock.
Thanks for the info, answers my question.

Inverts I was looking at have no such video link I can see (on website) but no longer relevant after your response.
Thank you

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Only this species breeds in the aquarium, but they are very difficult to find...
Zebra Turbo Snail

Attachments

• Zebra Turbo Snail.jpeg
    Zebra Turbo Snail.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 30

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These snails do not breed in captivity....
If you find captive bred somewhere, let me know....I am also looking for such.
And they survive very poorly in an aquarium, it is better to buy these:
I do not "know" anything,,, just piecing together Internet reading.
Really just looking to add some snails that consume a bit of hair algae that have the ability to right themselves.
Most online sellers seem to suggest that "banded trochus" fit that bill - but who knows how many species that label might be used for.

The "breed in captivity" and "ability to right themselves" seems to just be copy/pasted throughout numerous websites. At any rate, these are kind of what I'm looking for:
Trochus Snails

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
I do not "know" anything,,, just piecing together Internet reading.
Really just looking to add some snails that consume a bit of hair algae that have the ability to right themselves.
Most online sellers seem to suggest that "banded trochus" fit that bill - but who knows how many species that label might be used for.

The "breed in captivity" and "ability to right themselves" seems to just be copy/pasted throughout numerous websites. At any rate, these are kind of what I'm looking for:
Trochus Snails
In my 20 years of experience in the marine animal trade, the only good algae-eating snail I know of is the Zebra Turbo Snail. And only they breed in an aquarium. The rest of the species just live for a couple of years and die of old age.
There are a couple of smaller species that can breed in an aquarium, but they are of very little use in eating algae.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 20 years of experience in the marine animal trade, the only good algae-eating snail I know of is the Zebra Turbo Snail. And only they breed in an aquarium. The rest of the species just live for a couple of years and die of old age.
There are a couple of smaller species that can breed in an aquarium, but they are of very little use in eating algae.
Thanks again for the info/perspective.
I don't see the zebra turbo snails you mentioned on the website so will assume you don't stock them.

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Thanks again for the info/perspective.
I don't see the zebra turbo snails you mentioned on the website so will assume you don't stock them.
I do not have them and unfortunately they are almost impossible to find in the USA.
Importers do not import them on purpose, as they multiply quickly and no one will buy other snails.
This is a very good version of cleaners, but they will not breed ....

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have them and unfortunately they are almost impossible to find in the USA.
Importers do not import them on purpose, as they multiply quickly and no one will buy other snails.
This is a very good version of cleaners, but they will not breed ....
Thanks,,, I have a "Mexican turbo" (allegedly) that looks exactly like that picture.
He/she burned through nori during QT a few months ago but seems too big to get at anything useful (in terms of cleaning nuisance pockets/areas).

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Thanks,,, I have a "Mexican turbo" (allegedly) that looks exactly like that picture.
He/she burned through nori during QT a few months ago but seems too big to get at anything useful (in terms of cleaning nuisance pockets/areas).
Need to buy small size, when they grow up, they become lazy

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back