20 gallon innovative marine peninsula tank help

Giraffeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum but not new to the hobby and have recently had to downsize so i chose the new innovative marine peninsula tank because it looks awesome on our kitchen bar. I have it cycled but have not added a skimmer yet because i have not found too much good information about what skimmer would work best in it but my options are in between the eshopps nano skimmer the tunze 9011 or the one that innovative marine makes for the tank. In the first chamber i have a media basket from intank with filter floss and a few chemipure blue nano packs and i upgraded the pump to the sicce 1.0(which is awesome btw)
So basically any pro tips as far as a skimmer goes as well as another option for led lighting besides the current orbit marine ic light.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'd go with the Tunze skimmer. From the comments I've read on here, people seem to be the happiest with their nano skimmer lineup. I got a larger one for my IM40 that I love.

You say you want a suggestion other than Orbit Marine. Is there a reason for this? I saw their loop lineup at MACNA and came away thoroughly impressed.

OP
OP
G

Giraffeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the light goes I was just curious I'm actually pretty impressed with it thus far.
And thanks for the recommendation on the skimmer that is most likely what I will be going with

Codizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the light goes I was just curious I'm actually pretty impressed with it thus far.
And thanks for the recommendation on the skimmer that is most likely what I will be going with
I'm starting up an IM 20g peninsula. What skimmer did you decide to go with?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting up an IM 20g peninsula. What skimmer did you decide to go with?

Not the quoted poster but I have the reef glass skimmer in my 20 Peninsula. It's taken quite a while to get dialed in, and I don't like that it needs an external air pump, but it doesn't take up too much space in the small sump area.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back