20 Gallon Saltwater Setup w/ a Pair of Juvenile Gladiator Clownfish

Ganny’s Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I recently completed my 20 gallon setup to house my two clowns and I’ve got several general questions regarding feeding and initial behavior upon introducing them to their new home:

From what I’ve learned so far, feeding these two fish twice a day, (one small portion of Brine Shrimp in the AM and pellets in the evening) they seem a bit finicky and not having enough time to get to the food before it hits the bottom. Is this due to being introduced to a new environment?

Also, the female, and sometimes the male, will make their way into the top corners of the tank, opposite to the filter, and seem to hang out up there during the later hours of the day, sometimes looking like they are floating at a 45degree angle in the corners of the tank.

Are these types of behavior normal? Also, any tips for improved feeding would be greatly appreciated!

I love my two Clowns!

CD925B18-7BBF-4A94-AF34-9A9CAD69C8BC.jpeg

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and cool pic

sounds pretty normal to me

Upvote 0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back