200 gallon saltwater shark tank

fishboy10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would a 200 gallon be large enough for any of the saltwater sharks im planning a tank thats probably 10 years away but i was thinking 1 catshark and maybe a couple large fish if any are compatible any suggestions would be nice

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marbled cat shark. Its 10 inches and in a 300 gallon. Will be going to a 500 eventually.

Cat sharks are a bottom dweller, so compared to an active swimmer ( black tip for example ) a rounded corner isn't as important. But its still good too have, even if you take some acrylic and make the corners round.

Dont plan on any inverts, small fish etc with them. And also need over sized filtration. Open swimming room as well, and be prepared for some expensive food bills.
2b3387c2c1bd326d652898f197619ead.jpg

Albertan_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on this tank no. I started one on my new reef tank that im doing but its a slow go.

paraletho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I maintain an 8’ 300 gallon system for the local scool district. We have sucessfully kept a White spotted Bamboo and a Coral Catshark for three years. The Coral Cat dropped 15 egg cases and we hatched 4 of them. In the tank were Pacific Blue Tang, Flame Angel, 3 Bluegreen Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Flamefin Tomini, 2 Kupang Damsels, a pair of Clarkii, and a Starcki. The Coral Cat fell victim to an infection about three months after laying and the Whitespot outgrew the tank and was rehomed to a zoo in Louisiana at 28” in length. It can be done but unless you have a really large 8-12 ft system they will outgrow in2-3 years depending on start size

Back