200 Pop up WYSWYG Coral Auctions are now live!!!!!!! no limit no reserve bids starting at $1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I'm already paid in full and guaranteed the copy. I'm going to show up at 8pm and start dropping not-very-subtle hints that we don't all need to be here until midnight. Let's get this show on the road and go home and play. I know the employees are wishing they could be home as well!

I preordered from GameStop and I'm supposed to get some wood plaque thingy that's an exclusive of theirs. Hopefully, they come through on that. Would be neat to hang up in the study!

Legend of Zelda_ Tears of the Kingdom Free Gift Wooden Plaque Gamestop Exclusive.jpg

And yeah, I saw some people that had preordered online got their copies yesterday by some grace of god. Lucky SOBs!
Yeah that makes sense then. Yeah maybe you can get them to hook you up early. They definitely don’t want to be there.

I agree with the others. It’s cool that you’re excited about it and not bothering us at all! If there was a new Fallout coming out (that was more exciting than the last 2) I’d be the same. I remember being a kid and playing sonic on the sega genesis and literally having recurring dreams about being in a building where I could have all of the games. Now I have them all on a micro SD card in a raspberry pi, it’s crazy. My favorite game of all time is Fallout 3. I don’t know why. Something about playing it when it came out, getting lost in the world with all of the cool 1940’s music, it was love and though the last 2 releases were a letdown to me, I am still hopeful Bethesda will bring it back around. I do love the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls series as well though. If Bethesda decides to release another fallout, I’ll be there at release even if it sucks as much as Fallout 76. I’m basically addicted to Rocket League but still play most of the major releases when they come out. 99% of the time it’s rocket league though when I have the time.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New corals generally settling in well especially the torches. One torch is kinda unhappy due to being tipped over and sand thrown over part of it this morning. Moved it to a safe spot I hope it comes around. Otherwise the other 8 torches are looking amazing.

IMG_0579.jpeg IMG_0572.jpeg IMG_0573.jpeg IMG_0571.jpeg IMG_0570.jpeg IMG_0569.jpeg IMG_0619.jpeg

Last edited:

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New corals generally settling in well especially the torches. One torch is kinda unhappy due to being tipped over and sand thrown over part of it this morning. Moved it to a safe spot I hope it comes around. Otherwise the other 8 torches are looking amazing.
I swear that 6th one has blue and pink tips. I thought I saw that in the auction too. Am I right?

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A year ago, I bought an older Canon EOS 3 DSLR with a 100mm macro lens from a fellow reefer here in Houston that had only used it for a total of maybe 50 pics then never touched it again. He's older and will never use it again, so he offered it up to me for $500, which I definitely took him up on. I bought a camera tube (https://buildinganobsession.com/shop/camera-tube-pro-stainless-steel) a couple weeks ago and finally played with it this evening. Here's what I shot. Excuse the quality. I had to shrink them down a lot because they were all too heavy, so I lost some definition.

IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0354.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man, I need to get some torches. I have one or two but they're not very pretty like yours!

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear that 6th one has blue and pink tips. I thought I saw that in the auction too. Am I right?
In the right light yeah it does. It was fun watching the corals wake up this morning. I got up when the blues were at about 1% and nothing else . Just sat and watched as everything came to life. My fish including my wrasses were up already. Apparently they’re early birds so to speak.

Last edited:

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A year ago, I bought an older Canon EOS 3 DSLR with a 100mm macro lens from a fellow reefer here in Houston that had only used it for a total of maybe 50 pics then never touched it again. He's older and will never use it again, so he offered it up to me for $500, which I definitely took him up on. I bought a camera tube (https://buildinganobsession.com/shop/camera-tube-pro-stainless-steel) a couple weeks ago and finally played with it this evening. Here's what I shot. Excuse the quality. I had to shrink them down a lot because they were all too heavy, so I lost some definition.

IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0354.jpg
IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg
IMG_0363.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
Very nice Cody. I like the variety of colors and shapes.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Let me know how you like it and take a photo or two if you can. I have the IM one and it’s a neat design but I stopped using it because it just wasn’t working great for me. If the food was too fine, it would just fall through immediately. If it was a larger piece, it would swirl around until it got caught and then I’d come back an hour later to see my fish staring at it still and I have to get the baster out to break it up.
I just noticed your signature and it reminded me of this time when a married couple in the Houston reef club were at an event at an LFS that we were putting on. The husband and wife were both nose-to-glass looking at corals. The husband was one step ahead of her smudging up the glass, and her about-to-burst pregnant belly was cleaning the glass behind him as they moved along! Talk about the perfect reefing duo!

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I need to get some torches. I have one or two but they're not very pretty like yours!
Shane would be more than happy to help you out (for a price). Right @SBB Corals ?

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Shane would be more than happy to help you out (for a price). Right @SBB Corals ?
Oh, I've been on coral buying restrictions for a year or two now due to putting my money towards some other stuff, including finishing building out my fish room. However, that time is coming to an end and Shane will have a lot of my money soon enough haha! At the end of the day, I'm a card carrying member of Corals Admittedly, and I too have a seriously problem with buying too many corals haha

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah that makes sense then. Yeah maybe you can get them to hook you up early. They definitely don’t want to be there.

I agree with the others. It’s cool that you’re excited about it and not bothering us at all! If there was a new Fallout coming out (that was more exciting than the last 2) I’d be the same. I remember being a kid and playing sonic on the sega genesis and literally having recurring dreams about being in a building where I could have all of the games. Now I have them all on a micro SD card in a raspberry pi, it’s crazy. My favorite game of all time is Fallout 3. I don’t know why. Something about playing it when it came out, getting lost in the world with all of the cool 1940’s music, it was love and though the last 2 releases were a letdown to me, I am still hopeful Bethesda will bring it back around. I do love the Skyrim/Elder Scrolls series as well though. If Bethesda decides to release another fallout, I’ll be there at release even if it sucks as much as Fallout 76. I’m basically addicted to Rocket League but still play most of the major releases when they come out. 99% of the time it’s rocket league though when I have the time.
I never played Falout and barely touched Skyrim, although I'm very familiar with them. I took a good ten years off of gaming and those were released in that window. I took time off for the same reason I never got into WOW; I just dump a stupid amount of time into them. I'm an RPG grinder type and I can easily spend an absurd amount of time on games, to the point that it gets in the way of other things that I want to do. So, I only dip my toes in every once in a while for special titles, and Zelda is the epitome of a special title for me.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never played Falout and barely touched Skyrim, although I'm very familiar with them. I took a good ten years off of gaming and those were released in that window. I took time off for the same reason I never got into WOW; I just dump a stupid amount of time into them. I'm an RPG grinder type and I can easily spend an absurd amount of time on games, to the point that it gets in the way of other things that I want to do. So, I only dip my toes in every once in a while for special titles, and Zelda is the epitome of a special title for me.
I played the first 2 fallout games and a little of Skyrim. But my favorites were RTS like Warcraft and Starcraft. Others that I still play are Diablo and Civilization series. Just bit the bullet and ponied up for Diablo IV. Most expensive purchase I’ve ever made for a game outrright. Don’t use consoles any more. I did play the original and second Zelda games on the original NES when it first came out.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I played the first 2 fallout games and a little of Skyrim. But my favorites were RTS like Warcraft and Starcraft. Others that I still play are Diablo and Civilization series. Just bit the bullet and ponied up for Diablo IV. Most expensive purchase I’ve ever made for a game outrright. Don’t use consoles any more. I did play the original and second Zelda games on the original NES when it first came out.
I learned how to play Starcraft in 2011 when Wings Of Liberty was released......while I was living in Korea. Those are the absolute worst servers in the world to log onto if you're just learning how to play. My coworkers and I would have to team up and play our own private games so we wouldn't get destroyed by 13 year olds haha

woodyarmadillo

The other Tim
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it’s even more special of a release for you then! Have fun!

awesome photos! Really enjoyed them. Excellent quality!

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned how to play Starcraft in 2011 when Wings Of Liberty was released......while I was living in Korea. Those are the absolute worst servers in the world to log onto if you're just learning how to play. My coworkers and I would have to team up and play our own private games so we wouldn't get destroyed by 13 year olds haha
I have to admit I was an Arcade Rat in the early 80’s. Played classics like PacMan(sucked at it), Missile Command, Joust, Centupede. My best games were Defemder and StarGate. I think I was the bet player of StarGate in ‘82/‘83 in the Northeast. No kidding I killed games to go home after scoring 11 million. Took me 45 minutes to deliberately die one time. Good times

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have to admit I was an Arcade Rat in the early 80’s. Played classics like PacMan(sucked at it), Missile Command, Joust, Centupede. My best games were Defemder and StarGate. I think I was the bet player of StarGate in ‘82/‘83 in the Northeast. No kidding I killed games to go home after scoring 11 million. Took me 45 minutes to deliberately die one time. Good times
Actual footage of Steve crushing the arcades:

IMG_2634.gif

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I've been on coral buying restrictions for a year or two now due to putting my money towards some other stuff, including finishing building out my fish room. However, that time is coming to an end and Shane will have a lot of my money soon enough haha! At the end of the day, I'm a card carrying member of Corals Admittedly, and I too have a seriously problem with buying too many corals haha
Yup. I’m deservedly a founding member. My wife will never know that I spent sooo much money at the auction.

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actual footage of Steve crushing the arcades:

IMG_2634.gif
Well I was a bit older like 18-19 yo. I mean based on that clip this would be my age now
1683602028623.gif

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hold Rose in the same light that I hold Jenny from Forest Gump: they’re absolute selfish jerks.
Yeah Jenny definitely didn't deserve Forrest. I definitely would ship the Forrest and Lt. Dan bromance! lol :p

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back