2016 Apex Wifi Random Disconnect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted on Neptune's forum...figured maybe someone has encountered something similar!

I've been running the Apex 2016 for over a year without any real issues!

With the recent updates I've notice issues with my wifi connection.

Before, the Apex would disconnect from my wifi and reconnect at random times.
Last couple of days...it disconnect and will not connect until I do a power cycle on the apex.
I don't think Wifi signal is the issue as I have deployed a Mesh system w/ 4 AP of which 3 are hardwired back to the switch on the first floor.
Apex sits between 2 AP, 1 less then 25FT and the other is an outdoor AP which I use for primarily for security cams approx 40FT away.

I've assign a static IP address and disable DHCP no the apex in hopes that would fix the issue. Right now, it's connected to the 2.4G antenna.
Signal strength is 57%
Updated to the latest FM 5.06 8C21

Any suggestions??

Thanks

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it was happenign to me so much that i ran a hardline to a little wifi bridge - so I guess still at the mercy of the wifi...but now it happens once a week.

I will say all I have to do is use the display to reset the net, and not power cycle the whole thing. if that helps. but I lose connection all the time.

OP
OP
um_fan5

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I had to power cycle before work...2hrs later I get the notification that it had disconnected.
It's happening everyday, multiple times day.

Has to do with the FW update...look on their forum the number of issues with wifi.
It's affecting a small % but those affected it's a ;Muted

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issues back in June, no fix found other than hardwiring it; the Wi-Fi problems only got worse.
I tried the same troubleshooting you mentioned. It never improved and unfortunately Neptune support wants to blame my router setup, which none of my 30+ devices have problems with.

I even tried turning off smart connect on my mesh system, separating the 2.4 & 5 GHz channels with different SSIDs, which by the way helped for 30 minutes, then back to perpetual lost connectivity.

I’ve seen reports that replacing the controller doesn’t even help

OP
OP
um_fan5

um_fan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current stupid expensive wifi router, I can't sperate the 5 or 2.4 antenna. It's one SSID for both!
With the old cheap linksys, I had the choice which I only replaced thinking it was the issue I was having with my APEX.

Where my DT is currently, I can't run a cable but I'm in the process of upgrading to a new tank and also moving to a different spot in the house. There I can run a cable behind the base board....part of the reason why I haven't escalated the issue to tech support @ neptune

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering a Wi-Fi extender to act as a media bridge. I’ll plug in the extender by the apex and connect it via Ethernet cord.

412F8C9D-7268-4954-9A78-07780E2A7898.jpeg

I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent trying to troubleshoot this apex Wi-Fi problem, but at least 30 over the last several months. There’s no reason a device this expensive should have so many complications with basic Wi-Fi connectivity.

Maybe @Bulk Reef Supply will find a way to fix it, but I’ve refrained from buying apex add ons because of it, and will switch to a different brand in the future

Last edited:

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy thing is my router shows it’s connected with real time download/upload traffic and shows the device being connected for multiple hours

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back