2018 Black Friday sales have begun... :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darnit! Got the memo for the orphek sale too late! I ordered through orphek website and they wont cancel my order for me even though I made payment yesterday. Lesson learn when ordering from a company overseas. :( ARGHHHHHHH

If you cancel the charge they’ll probably not ship it

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you cancel the charge they’ll probably not ship it

I was thinking about doing that, but I hate going through such trouble. I emailed them this morning too, but they said something to the effect that it (may?) have already been shipped even though I havent gotten a tracking # of any sort or confirmation of shipment. Guess I'm stuck.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about doing that, but I hate going through such trouble. I emailed them this morning too, but they said something to the effect that it (may?) have already been shipped even though I havent gotten a tracking # of any sort or confirmation of shipment. Guess I'm stuck.

You can pretty much ALWAYS cancel a purchase, assuming you used a credit card and have even the most basic consumer protections. If it's already shipped, you can send it back for a refund-they have to accept it. If they dont, they can deal with the credit card company xD.

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can pretty much ALWAYS cancel a purchase, assuming you used a credit card and have even the most basic consumer protections. If it's already shipped, you can send it back for a refund-they have to accept it. If they dont, they can deal with the credit card company xD.

Just wanted to give everyone an update that Orphek took care of me and issued back a refund because the order wasnt ship yet. Their response time is very quick. Now ordering the orpheks thru BRS. :)

Seand03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the advantage of ORPHEK over radion or hydra 52hds? I'm planning on getting 2 xr15s and the hybrid fixture for my jbj 45

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of NEPTUNE going on sale?:(
They have in the past on actual Black Friday with no notice. From what I gather in this thread:
- Brands that have participated in the past will likely participate
- Brands with MAP (See here) usually go on sale ON or very close to Black Friday
- One something goes on sale, it will stay on sale until the end of Black Friday or until BRS runs out of stock
- Similarly, if something is advertised on the Black Friday Page and not a random sale, it won't go any lower so buy now.

I think BRS is under contractual/gentleman agreement to not advertise sales before they begin so I personally wouldn't buy anything not on the Black Friday page until Black Friday is over. It also seems like Cyber Monday is not as good as Black Friday but it doesn't hurt to wait until Monday just in case...

Hope I got this right, first time reefer trying to get most of my equipment during the Black Friday sale.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could only find a couple of the daily deals emails from last year, but the sales information from last years emails had the sales info below.

Does anyone remember if Ecotech, specifically Radions, were on sale last year?

2017 BRS Black Friday Email Ad Deals. If they are the same discounts as last years Black Friday then you can assume the deals will be as follows.
10% - Giesemann, Reef Octo, Maxspect, IceCap
15%- Trigger, Triton, Innovative Marine, Vertex, Rossmount, Avast, Algae Free, Polyplab, SynergyReef, AquaForest,
25% - Hanna
30% Off - Dialy Door Busters- RedSea CP Salt, BRS Filter and Reactor Media, RO/DI Parts and Systems.
*15% Sitewide Non-MAP items

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really need some salt now but can’t bring myself to buy it with the likelihood it’ll be 30% off soon.... the struggle is real with the anticipation of sales right now!

Hey BRS, how about a “Green Wednesday” sale tomorrow??? Or whatever color you like....

EBNewbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex (Neptune) went on sale on 11/23/2017 at 00:00EST (Thanksgiving day). 10% if I recall correctly. I would expect something similar or maybe even a bit better since the hardware is older now.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will kessil go on sale?
Not this year!
No brs brand on sale
It's coming :)
Does AI usually participate on Black Friday?
Not this year.
@Bulk Reef Supply , when will you all start the videos for the sales?
Friday :D Randy and Ryan will be going LIVE.
Any chance of NEPTUNE going on sale?:(
They usually participate in some capacity over actual Black Friday weekend :)
does the apex normally sell out on black Friday from brs?
Yep.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back