2019 Secret Santa biggest small reef issue? (not sponsored what so ever just trying to be friendly) (second post in our forum)

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I participated in the Secret Santa 2018, I thought I revived more than I deserved so this year I'm giving back!
Throughout the year I have been busy and when I go to do things on my tank I go to grab my carbon, my additives or whatever and it's gone! What do you guys always seem to run out of and forget to resupply on? Carbon? Alk? Calcium? GFO?
Let me know!
Also let's say that some how you were able to win a Piranha Float Plus from Algae Free (not sponsored!)
PS I'll be using a random number generator
Happy holidays!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first year on S.S. Personally I would not worry about what was given and what was received.

Corny I know. I think everyone has a different take on what to give. I get a stuffed Nemo fish I’m happy. I give a year supply of salt I’m happy. It’s what matters to you, not what you think will matter to someone else. You may have gifted another that felt it was a great gift, or even overboard. It’s the thought that counts is also corny, but I like to think for most it rings true.

Also, I ran out of AI HD lights the other day :)

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first year on S.S. Personally I would not worry about what was given and what was received.

Corny I know. I think everyone has a different take on what to give. I get a stuffed Nemo fish I’m happy. I give a year supply of salt I’m happy. It’s what matters to you, not what you think will matter to someone else. You may have gifted another that felt it was a great gift, or even overboard. It’s the thought that counts is also corny, but I like to think for most it rings true.

Also, I ran out of AI HD lights the other day :)
I have to send you a stuffed animal clown fish now

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa was fun last year.. I got all kinds of cool swag.. sent a bunch too.. wife and I also hand delivered some corals to a fellow reefer that got stiffed. More about giving for me, but getting stuff doesn't suck either..
Still in it to try and make someone's day..

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've been out of Xmas for a few years, I give year-round when I find stuff for family and friends, (like the Nemo Plush @Mastiffsrule). When I see a gift I know someone would enjoy I'm Outta-Season-Santa maybe?

Anyway, I understand this is only your second post @Bryce M. and you are trying to be friendly so I won't flame you with anymore deeper "Bah Humbug" for the coming season. I totally get feeling like I've gotten more gifts than I've given and that's cool.

I hope everyone enjoys a Merry Christmas and that you all score tons of cool reef stuff!

Totally excellent 2nd post!

(If I go "Secret Santa" my favorite coral is anything on the "Do Not Import" list.) :)

Yo HO HO!

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
I am so excited to participate this year in secret santa! I started becoming active on these forums around December last year and was too late to enter back then. I'll be happy to just be apart of this group. Even just some swag from BRS like a t-shirt would be sweet!

I find I am always out of things like carbon and phosgaurd. I want to switch to GFO as I think it'll be cheaper for a bulk purchase. I also feel like I am constantly washing filter socks! I run 2 on my tank at a time so I go through them quickly. That float plus looks sick! I have been wanting to get something like that for my tank but just can't afford it. I have one now that gets rid of the soft algae but not at all the hard calcium based algae so it's slowly building up on my front glass plane.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is my first year as a Secret Santa. Just hoping I can make someone smile.

I'm with @Mr Fishface about the filter socks. I'll be washing them again today. Probably should throw some away, but they don't have holes in the toes yet.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa was fun last year.. I got all kinds of cool swag.. sent a bunch too.. wife and I also hand delivered some corals to a fellow reefer that got stiffed. More about giving for me, but getting stuff doesn't suck either..
Still in it to try and make someone's day..
same here! it's a lot of fun for me!

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am so excited to participate this year in secret santa! I started becoming active on these forums around December last year and was too late to enter back then. I'll be happy to just be apart of this group. Even just some swag from BRS like a t-shirt would be sweet!

I find I am always out of things like carbon and phosgaurd. I want to switch to GFO as I think it'll be cheaper for a bulk purchase. I also feel like I am constantly washing filter socks! I run 2 on my tank at a time so I go through them quickly. That float plus looks sick! I have been wanting to get something like that for my tank but just can't afford it. I have one now that gets rid of the soft algae but not at all the hard calcium based algae so it's slowly building up on my front glass plane.
GFO is great, I use it as well.
And yes the float mag is amazing!!!
I have a hammer head and it's the best thing I've bought for my tank!

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
First time for me so I have no idea what to expect. Does everyone buy new items or are good condition used items an option? I’d be perfectly happy with good used items. And depending on who I’m giving to, I might have some stuff they can use. Does this happen?

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
First time for me so I have no idea what to expect. Does everyone buy new items or are good condition used items an option? I’d be perfectly happy with good used items. And depending on who I’m giving to, I might have some stuff they can use. Does this happen?
I think you can do anything, last year people sent homemade things, you can even send extra live stock. I'm doing this so everyone can get a little something, just more giving!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
I like giving way more im just always worried whether they can "use" or "need" what i am sending. I guess with this group it is the thought that counts. I cant wait to start a SS pile o stuff :)

Suggsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
I like giving way more im just always worried whether they can "use" or "need" what i am sending. I guess with this group it is the thought that counts. I cant wait to start a SS pile o stuff :)

I love that, I plan on doing all I can but it’s awesome you put together a group of stuff.

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Dont judge...but secret santa always scares me. I swear ill sign up, but never do. I always feel like im a crappy gift giver.

I am just getting back into reefing, but back in the day...salt... i hated grabbing a bucket of IO, thinking this feels light, only to get everything ready and find light=empty.

Back