OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ben hope all is well. Had a question on your flame angel and interruptus angel. Does the flame chase it at all?

Hey my friend all is cool here in the Lonestar.
Yes the flame was flaming the interruptus in the beginning like to a point I wanted to kill my $40 flame :mad:
But now it's the other way, as the interruptus is a larger species than the flame.
All cool in the Diesel tank no chasing or hanky panky's behind the glass :rolleyes:

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey my friend all is cool here in the Lonestar.
Yes the flame was flaming the interruptus in the beginning like to a point I wanted to kill my $40 flame :mad:
But now it's the other way, as the interruptus is a larger species than the flame.
All cool in the Diesel tank no chasing or hanky panky's behind the glass :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear all is good. Mine just don't give up chasing my jaculator angel. I know what you mean killing it cause I have tried catching it many times with no success. Flame s 10 yrs old and it seems like it has not slowed down. I'm thinking of putting another flame in my double acclimation box and try to catch it that way.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to hear all is good. Mine just don't give up chasing my jaculator angel. I know what you mean killing it cause I have tried catching it many times with no success. Flame s 10 yrs old and it seems like it has not slowed down. I'm thinking of putting another flame in my double acclimation box and try to catch it that way.

That would work or a round 12" mirror on the side where the flame hangs out the most, he wants to get that other flame and forget about the interruptus.
Believe me that trick works with every fish as long your glass is flame proof as he wants to go straight trough it to get that (his own reflection) flame.

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in my spotlight thread.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!*!*!*!*! Spring update !*!*!*!*!

We have many many many purple acros in this hobby and that's great, really, really great for the hobby.
As I've seen many Purple acro's myself I've not seen one like the one I have.
I have been sitting on this wild piece for two years now and finally it speaks for itself.

About a year ago,
DSC_0798-L.jpg

Today.
DSC_0085-L.jpg

Group Photo ;)
DSC_0084-L.jpg

It hasn't had a name yet to be recognized but I'm thinking of all that happened yesterday in Honor of............ "The DC Purple Rain Acro"
Will see over the weekend if I can get a few frags of it.

Funny Ben, I had one frag of that one from you and fortunately I did cut a frag off when it became a small coral ;-)
Small Coral did not survive my Tank disaster, but the frag did.

Very true, I have never seen a glowing purple like this on any coral. I'm so glad that at least a piece made it .........

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great my friend, I have been thinking about the same lights but I'm scared I'll screw my tank up

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great my friend, I have been thinking about the same lights but I'm scared I'll screw my tank up

I just have a few rare LPS in there no more of the stick thingies.
Not much to screw up and if I do than that will be part of the test :p

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a club member go the other way.:) An He is loving his T5's

T5 Hybrid are imo the ultimate lights if it cones down to the more natural reef experience.
Yesterday I couldn't get the settings perfect enough and I know I can't get them as the ATI hybrid as I put a lot of time in the bulb combo and the tweaking of the four LED clusters.
For sure it will be a adjustment on my part but the two hours total a week that I'm in front of my tank (mainly feeding the fish) shouldn't make that difference on me.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He added T5's to his xr30 pro's He had the same amount that you have on this tank. But he is also doing a SPS tank and was struggling. Once he added the T5's and added some special sauce that I use things have exploded on his tank and he is very happy. Was not a happy camper with just the xr30 pro's thou. Especially with the cost of said units.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a "neglected" tank, it's looking quite good!
What settings are you running with the Radions?

Was not a happy camper with just the xr30 pro's thou. Especially with the cost of said units.
I mean, right? 5x XR30's is well north of $4000 compared to a hybrid ATI for about half that.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back